100+ Eyes Quotes About The Windows To The Soul
May 15, 2023 6:00 AM EST
These captivating eye quotes, where the words of pop culture icons and scholars collide, invite us to explore the secrets within our eyes.
“Look into my eyes, and you’ll see a world you’ve never known,” sang the enigmatic Madonna, and indeed, our eyes hold a mesmerizing power to reveal truths and captivate souls.
The eyes are truly the windows to the soul, and they do not lie.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to National Geographic, the human eye can distinguish about 10 million colors.
This remarkable sensory capacity makes the eye one of the body’s most fascinating and intricate organs.
What are the benefits of reading these eye quotes?
Like body language, our eyes say more than we ever could with words.
The eyes can tell you a lot about another person’s emotional state.
These eye quotes will:
- Help you better understand how to read what people are conveying with their eyes
- Get to know people better
- Remind you to keep your own eyes open
When you meet someone for the first time, the best way to get to know them is to look them in the eyes and observe what feelings they convey.
There are many beautiful things to see in this world, yet many of us never stop to truly look at the world.
Windows to the soul
The eyes can also reveal whether a smile is genuine or fake, whether someone trusts you, feels secure, and much more.
The eyes are windows to the soul because they are the most honest part of the face.
For example, we can control our mouths, but we don’t control our eyes.
When you’re truly happy, your eyes become bigger and brighter involuntarily and give you away, but they look smaller when you’re sad and worried.
The eyes play an integral part in our lives.
They not only allow us to see the beauty of our world, but they are the beginning of doing more.
We should all celebrate them.
Harvard Business Review research has shown that people who maintain eye contact during conversations are often perceived as more confident, credible, and charismatic.
The reports showed the eye’s essential role in human communication, conveying emotions, building trust, and establishing rapport.
Don’t also forget to read these incredible perception quotes about truth and reality.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Eyes quotes to help you see the beauty around you
1. “The soul, fortunately, has an interpreter – often an unconscious but still a faithful interpreter – in the eye.” – Charlotte Bronte
You will also enjoy our article on beautiful smile quotes.
2. “Where words are restrained, the eyes often talk a great deal.” – Samuel Richardson
You will also enjoy our article on beauty quotes life.
3. “The eyes shout what the lips fear to say.” – William Henry
You will also enjoy our article on sky quotes.
4. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
You will also enjoy our article on tongue quotes.
5. “When the heart is down and the soul is heavy, the eyes can only speak the language of tears” ― Ikechukwu Izuakor
You will also enjoy our article on water quotes.
6. “I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again.” – Sylvia Plath
You will also enjoy our article on crush quotes.
7. “True love doesn’t need proof. The eyes told what heartfelt.” ― Toba Beta
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for her.
8. “Just because a man lacks the use of his eyes doesn’t mean he lacks vision.” – Stevie Wonder
You will also enjoy our article on i miss you quotes.
9. “What the eyes had seen could not be erased.”― Frank Herbert
You will also enjoy our article on stoner quotes.
10. “The eyes indicate the antiquity of the soul.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of sunglasses quotes about the stylish and safety accessory.
Eyes Quotes Celebrating The Windows Of The Soul
According to a study conducted by Loyola Marymount University, eye contact is a powerful tool that can enhance social interactions and build strong relationships.
Maintaining eye contact during conversations can also signal interest, attention, and respect towards the other person.
11. “The eye is the jewel of the body.” – Henry David Thoreau
You will also enjoy our article on sunset quotes.
12. “Ah, what happiness it is to be with people who are all happy, to press hands, press cheeks, smile into eyes.” ― Katherine Mansfield
You will also enjoy our article on encouraging quotes.
13. “The eyes only see what the mind is prepared to comprehend.” – Henri Bergson
You will also enjoy our article on Magic Quotes.
14. “Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other’s eyes for an instant? “ – Henry David Thoreau
You will also enjoy our article on mirror quotes.
15. “Anyone can look at others’ eyes, but Lovers can see into each others’ souls through the eyes.” – Larry Latta
You will also enjoy our article on be listening quotes.
16. “Those true eyes Too pure and too honest in aught to disguise the sweet soul shining through them.” – Owen Meredith
You will also enjoy our article on light quotes.
17. “If the past was what we were meant to see. Then behind, not in front, our eyes would be.” – RVM
You will also enjoy our article on Inner Beauty Quotes.
18. “I am intrigued by the smile upon your face, and the sadness within your eyes.” – Jeremy Aldana
You will also enjoy our article on Makeup quotes.
19. “The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart.” – St. Jerome
You will also enjoy our article on weed quotes.
20. “When a woman is talking to you, listen to what she says with her eyes.” – Victor Hugo
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of glasses quotes for seeing a better future.
Eyes quotes that will inspire you to see the brighter side of life
The National Eye Institute reported that eyes are the second most complex organ in the body, after the brain.
The report revealed that the intricate structures and functions of the eye enable us to perceive light, color, depth, and motion, providing us with a rich and dynamic visual experience.
21. “No one can lie, no one can hide anything, when he looks directly into someone’s eyes.” – Paulo Coelho
You will also enjoy our article on obsession quotes.
22. “The face is a picture of the mind with the eyes as its interpreter.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
You will also enjoy our article on Blind Side quotes.
23. “Those true eyes Too pure and too honest in aught to disguise The sweet soul shining through them.” – Owen Meredith
You will also enjoy our article on lies quotes.
24. “Almost nothing need be said when you have eyes.”― Tarjei Vesaas
25. “She had curiously thoughtful and attentive eyes; eyes that were very pretty and very good.”― Charles Dickens
26. “I met a boy whose eyes showed me that the past, present and future were all the same thing.” – Jennifer Elisabeth
27. “The world only exists in your eyes. You can make it as big or as small as you want.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
28. “The tongue may hide the truth but the eyes—never!” – Mikhail Bulgakov
29. “Sometimes playing stupid opens your eyes to the truth.”― Anthony Liccione
30. “If your eyes dwell in your heart; then your inner voice will be your congenial Guide.” – Sir Kristian Goldmund Aumann
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these colorful blue quotes that will delight your senses and spark creativity.
Eyes quotes to celebrate good vision
A study published in the journal Current Psychology found that people with lighter eye colors (blue, green, gray) tend to be more competitive, egocentric, and skeptical, while people with darker eye colors (brown, black) are more empathetic, altruistic, and trusting.
The researchers suggest that eye color may be a subtle but influential factor in shaping our personalities and social interactions.
31. “Eyes so transparent that through them the soul is seen.” – Theophile Gautier
32. “Only in the eyes of love you can find infinity.” – Sorin Cerin
33. “When the heart is full, the eyes overflow.” – Sholom Aleichem
34. “You are most beautiful when your eyes are glowing with kindness and joy.” – Debasish Mridha
35. “His eyes reflected the open grey of the autumnal sky.”― Juliet Marillier
36. “Across the seat our eyes are holding hands.”― Jennifer Niven
37. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn (see all Audrey Hepburn quotes)
38. “Don’t let the eyes guide the heart, but have the heart guide the eyes.”― Anthony Liccione
39. “Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
40. “Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
You might also like these nail quotes for every manicure enthusiast.
Beautiful eyes quotes to inspire you
A study published in the Journal of Consumer Research found that eye movements can reveal consumers’ preferences, attentional biases, and visual processing strategies when browsing products online.
Eye-tracking data can be used to optimize website designs, product displays, and advertising campaigns to maximize engagement and sales.
41. “You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories.” – Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
42. “Weak eyes are fondest of glittering objects.” – Thomas Carlyle
43. “Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?” – Bob Marley
44. “It’s true about the eyes being the window to the soul. Your face can be etched with worry, and twisted by ageing, but the eyes tell the true story of who you are.” – Naomie Harris
45. “If I can see pain in your eyes then share with me your tears. If I can see joy in your eyes then share with me your smile.” ― Santosh Kalwar
46. “The real lover is the man who can thrill you just by touching your head or smiling into your eyes – or just by staring into space.” – Marilyn Monroe
47. “Closing your eyes and listening to silence is self-care.”― Maxime Lagacé
48. “The beauty that addresses itself to the eyes is only the spell of the moment; the eye of the body is not always that of the soul.” – George Sand
49. “I shut my eyes in order to see.” – Paul Gauguin
50. “If your eyes are blinded with your worries, you cannot see the beauty of the sunset.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
51. “Eyes shows lies.” – Toba Beta
52. “The eyes can do a thousand things that the fingers can’t.” – Iranian Proverb
53. “The eyes are hungry but often satiated before they see.” – Otl Aicher
54. “My eyes were made to erase all that is ugly.” – Raoul Dufy
55. “Your eyes are like two jewels in the sky.” – Bob Dylan
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of green eyes quotes celebrating the world’s rarest eye color.
Eyes quotes everyone can relate to
According to research by the American Optometric Association, up to 80% of learning occurs through a person’s eyes.
This underscores the importance of good eye health and regular eye exams to ensure optimal vision and cognitive function.
56. “Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you’ll see the way to fly.” – Richard Bach
57. “Just as our eyes need light in order to see, our minds need ideas in order to conceive.” – Napoleon Hill
58. “Listen with your eyes for feelings.” – Stephen Covey
59. “In your eyes there are countless stars to be discovered. Why will you look for another sky?”― Avijeet Das
60. “With your eyes open, doors open.” – A.r. Kane, ‘What’s All This Then?’
61. “Each difficult moment has the potential to open my eyes and open my heart.” – Myla Kabat-Zinn
62. “The eyes have one language everywhere.” – George Herbert
63. “Open your Eyes, for this World is only a Dream.” – Rumi
64. “What the eye doesn’t see, the heart doesn’t grieve about.”― James Hadley Chase
65. “No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.” – Elizabeth Bowen
Short quotes about eyes
A study published in the journal Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin found that people with brown eyes are perceived as more trustworthy than those with blue eyes.
The researchers suggest that this may be because brown-eyed individuals are more likely to have higher levels of melanin, which is associated with greater emotional stability.
66. “Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.” — Jim Carrey
67. “If you see with innocent eyes, everything is divine.” — Federico Fellini
68. “The eyes of others, our prisons; their thoughts, our cages.” — Virginia Woolf
69. “Accept the terrible responsibility of life with eyes wide open.” — Jordan Peterson
70. “Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” — Theodore Roosevelt
71. “You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.” — Mark Twain
72. “It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.” — Sally Field
73. “Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.” — Benjamin Franklin
74. “Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.” — Gilbert Parker
75. “It is in their eyes that their magic resides.” – Arthur Symons
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of blind quotes that possess strong meanings.
Eye quotes about the power of our eyes
Research conducted by the University of Central Florida found that people with lighter-colored eyes, such as blue or green, may experience more pain during laser eye surgery than those with darker eyes.
This is because lighter eyes let in more light, which can cause greater sensitivity during the procedure.
76. “Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?” — Groucho Marx
77. “What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes.” — Harry Houdini
78. “When I look into the future, it’s so bright it burns my eyes.” — Oprah Winfrey
79. “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” — Martin Buber
80. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” — Sophia Loren
81. “Some words are spoken by the eyes. And you must understand the language of the eyes.”― Avijeet Das
82. “He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.” — Albert Einstein
83. “My eyes make pictures when they are shut.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
84. “Your heart is able to see things that your eyes aren’t able to.”― Kholoud Yasser
85. “The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” – Leonardo da Vinci
Poetic eye quotes
86. “I like you; your eyes are full of language.” — Anne Sexton
87. “A lover’s eyes will gaze an eagle blind.” — William Shakespeare
88. “The face is the portrait of the mind; the eyes, its informers.” — Latin Proverb
89. “My eyes are an ocean in which my dreams are reflected.” — Anna M. Uhlich
90. “Through the eyes of a child, — is your heart then set free.” — Kurt Philip Behm
91. “I still close my eyes and go home. I can always draw from that.” — Dolly Parton
92. “The eyes are not responsible when the mind does the seeing.” — Publilius Syrus
93. “When the eyes of the flesh are shut, the eyes of the spirit are open.” — Willa Cather
94. “Who has a daring eye tell downright truths and downright lies.” — Johann Kaspar Lavater
95. “You know you’re in love when you can see your unborn children in her eyes.” — Bryan Adams
Eyes quotes that will make you think
96. “The sexiest part of the body is the eyes. That’s what I believe.” – Clive Owen
97. “The soul that can speak through the eyes, can also kiss with a gaze” – Gustav Adolfo Becquer
98. “The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.” – Audrey Hepburn
99. “The light, that lies In woman’s eyes, Has been my heart’s undoing.” – Thomas More
100. “I believe that eyes are very important motifs. That’s something that can discern the peace and love.” – Yayoi Kusama
101. “When I look into your eyes I see everything I want in this world and that is never going to change.” – Stephen F. Campbell
102. “The eyes like sentinel occupy the highest place in the body.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
103. “Smile. Your eyes sparkle when you do.” – Coco J. Ginger
104. “What attracted me to her was her blue eyes. It was just like love at first sight.” – Olivia Bull
105. “The eye is the cosmos made complete.” – Robert McDowell
More eyes quotes and sayings
106. “The source of all light is in the eye.” – Alan Watts
107. “There is a road from the eye to the heart that does not go through the intellect.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
108. “The eyes are the amulets of the mind.” – Bill Vaughan
109. “Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
110. “Look the world straight in the eye.” – Helen Keller
111. “Your eyes show the strength of your soul.” – Paulo Coelho
112. “Her eyes are homes of silent prayers.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
113. “Fix your eyes on perfection and you make almost everything speed towards it.” – William Ellery Channing
114. “It’s easy to fool the eye but it’s hard to fool the heart.” – Al Pacino
115. “The eyes see only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.” – Robertson Davies
Beautiful Eye Quotes You Can Relate To Everyday
116. “Her eyes were devastating. Large, dark, and inviting, they were the sort of open windows that decent people draped.” ― Michael J. Sullivan
117. “She can kill with her smile, she can wound with her eyes.” ― Billy Joel
118. “For she had eyes and chose me.” ― William Shakespeare
119. “Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.” ― Rumi
120. “The eyes see everything through the heart.” ― Katherine Center
121. “Purify your eyes, and see the pure world. Your life will fill with radiant forms.” ― Rumi
122. “Eyes are the most effective tools for silently asking help!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan.
123. “The light which shines in the eye is really the light of the heart.” ― Rumi
124. “The voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses.” ― E.E. Cummings
125. “Let every eye negotiate for itself and trust no agent.” ― William Shakespeare
Eye Quotes That Relate To Our Everyday Lives
126. “One eye sees, the other feels.” ― Paul Klee
127. “Sight is what you see with your eyes, vision is what you see with your mind.” ― Robert Kiyosaki
128. “One of the most wonderful things in nature is a glance of the eye; it transcends speech; it is the bodily symbol of identity. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
129. “What we see depends mainly on what we look for.” ― John Lubbock
130. “There is only one way to see things, until someone shows us how to look at them with different eyes.” ― Pablo Picasso
131. “Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.” ― H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
132. “The beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” ― William Carlos Williams
133. “The Artist always has the masters in his eyes.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
134. “The eyes are one of the most powerful tools a woman can have. With one look, she can relay the most intimate message. After the connection is made, words cease to exist. ” ― Jennifer Salaiz
135 “Eyes can only capture objects that already seen in mind. And mind can only see things that already written in heart.” ― Toba Beta
Eyes QuotesTo Reveal The Window Of The Soul
136. “Your eyes will always be closer to your soul than to any other part of your body except the heart.” ― Sorin Cerin
137. “The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.” — John Vance Cheney
138. “Yes, all our souls are written in our eyes!” — Edmond Rostand
139. “The countenance is the portrait of the soul, and the eyes mark its intentions.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
140. “The eyes are the windows to your soul.” — William Shakespear
141. “And when I lifted my eyes to your name, suddenly your heart showed me my way.” ― Pablo Neruda
142. “If eyes are the windows to a person’s soul, his shutters are locked tight.” — K. Weikel
143. “The eye is the inlet to the soul, and it is well to beware of him whose visual organs avoid your honest regard.” — Hosea Ballou
144.“Your eyes are like windows To your soul, something that makes me Think of eternity.”— Eric Overb
145. “You always smile but in your eyes your sorrow shows.” ― William Peter Horn
Eyes Quotes For Being Sensitive
146. “What we learn only through the ears makes less impression upon our minds than what is presented to the trustworthy eye.” — Horace
147. “The eye of a human being is a microscope, which makes the world seem bigger than it really is.” — Khalil Gibran
148. “The heart has eyes which the brain knows nothing of.” — Charles Henry Parkhurst
149. “The eye must be easy, before it can be pleased.” — William Shenstone
150. “The eyes of the cheerful and of the melancholy man are fixed upon the same creation; but very different are the aspects which it bears to them.” — Albert Pike
151. “Even the smallest of creatures carries the sun in its eyes.” — Antonio Porchia
152. “Nature and books belong to the eyes that see them.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
153. “If we could but paint with the hand what we see with the eye.” — Honore de Balzac
154. “And now, this is the sweetest and most glorious day that ever my eyes did see.” — Donald Cargill
155. “The eye of the master will do more work than both his hands.” — Benjamin Franklin
Eye Quotes To Bear In Mind Always
156. “When pain brings you down, don’t be silly, don’t close your eyes and cry, you just might be in the best position to see the sun shine.” ― Alanis Morissette
157. “Curiosity is gluttony. To see is to devour.” ― Victor Hugo
158. “His eyes are so intense I want to look away . . . or never look away, I can’t decide.”
― Kasie West
159. “Now she looks pale and small, but her eyes make me think of wide- open skies that I have never actually seen, only dreamed of.” ― Veronica Roth
160. “You have two eyes, and two ears, but only one mouth. This is so because you are supposed to look and listen more than you talk.” ― Lucca Kaldahl
161. “Looking but not seeing is the hearing but not understanding of the eye.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
162. “[A] person whose head is bowed and whose eyes are heavy cannot look at the light.”
― Christine de Pizan
163. “Majority of women like to fantasize and men like to romanticize. I saw a painful mountain in her eyes.” ― Santosh Kalwar
164. “Her eyes narrowed until they were a faint greenish glitter, like a forest pool far back in the shadow of trees.” ― Raymond Chandler
165. “I just want your voice aimed at me again. I want to absorb the direction of your eyes…” ― Jennifer Elisabeth
Eyes Quotes To Help You Embrace Windows To The Soul
166. “maybe we fall in love with sad eyes because we see our souls reflected in them”
― Bridgett Devoue
167. “She didn’t say anything—at least, not with her mouth. Her eyes told me a different story. The only problem was that they each had a thousand tongues talking, each in a language I didn’t speak.” ― J.X. Burros
168. “The character of the eye reflects the character of the soul.” — Chad Hartsock
169. “Your eyes speak the truth when everything else is a lie.” — Ivy Lee
170. “The eyes are the doors towards one’s inner self and they are also the windows towards the outer world.” — Soheila Shahshahani
171. “The eyes are “windows of the soul,” Yet, don’t forget, man wears a mask, And, windows are for looking out, to look in through them, is a task.” — C. H. Webber
172. “Both corners of the eyes indicate the state of the heart.” — Mantak Chia
173. “Eyes and ears are poor witnesses to people if they have uncultured souls.” — Heraclitus
174. “What greater compliment could anyone pay us than to tell us that the world can be seen in our eyes? After all, the eye reflects what the heart desires.” — William E. Reiser
175. “Her eyes are the windows to her soul. They can show you rawness of a winter storm; they can embrace you in the beauty of unbridled love. And once consumed, there is no going back.”― James M Stoffel, Jr
Which of these eyes quotes was your favorite?
Eyes play an important role in life.
They are the most important organs of sense, perceiving up to 80% of all impressions.
And if your other senses such as taste or smell were to fail, it’s your eyes that would best protect you from danger.
Besides, the eyes reflect how we feel.
When you meet someone for the first time, your eyes can convey a wide range of feelings.
They can reveal whether you feel trust or distrust, security, contentment, fear, and much more.
Hopefully, the quotes above will help you appreciate the integral role the eyes play.
Did you enjoy these eyes quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
August 28, 2019 at 3:41 PM
Always thought provoking.
August 28, 2019 at 3:44 PM
Qoutes such as these stir my creative juices.
June 19, 2019 at 11:04 AM
Super,great, wonderfull, insperation