The windows to the soul, this collection of eyes quotes will intrigue you to look past what you see.
1. “The soul, fortunately, has an interpreter – often an unconscious but still a faithful interpreter – in the eye.” – Charlotte Bronte
2. “Where words are restrained, the eyes often talk a great deal.” – Samuel Richardson
3. “Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
4. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
5. “When the heart is down and the soul is heavy, the eyes can only speak the language of tears” ― Ikechukwu Izuakor
6. “The eyes shout what the lips fear to say.” – William Henry
7. “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” – Carl Jung
8. “Ah, what happiness it is to be with people who are all happy, to press hands, press cheeks, smile into eyes.” ― Katherine Mansfield
9. “The eyes only see what the mind is prepared to comprehend.” – Henri Bergson
10. “Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other’s eyes for an instant? “ – Henry David Thoreau
Eyes quotes to help you see the beauty around you
Eyes are the windows to the soul. They don’t lie. They show the truth, no matter what face you put on. Just like body language, our eyes say more than we ever could with words.
The eyes can tell you a lot about another person’s emotional state. When you meet someone for the first time, the best way to get to know them is to look them in the eyes and observe what feelings they convey.
You can tell whether someone is sad or happy just by looking them in the eyes. The eyes can also reveal whether a smile is genuine or fake, whether or not someone trusts you, whether they feel secure, and much more.
Eyes are windows to the soul because they are the most honest part of the face. For example, we can control our mouths but we don’t have any control over our eyes. When you’re truly happy, your eyes become bigger and brighter involuntarily and give you away, but they look smaller when you’re sad and worried.
Eyes play an integral part in our lives. They not only allow us to see the beauty of our world, but they are the beginning to doing more. We should all celebrate them.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking eyes quotes, eyes sayings, and eyes proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to also read these incredible perception quotes about truth and reality.
Eyes Quotes Celebrating The Windows Of The Soul
11. “Anyone can look at others’ eyes, but Lovers can see into each others’ souls through the eyes.” – Larry Latta.
12. “If I can see pain in your eyes then share with me your tears. If I can see joy in your eyes then share with me your smile.” ― Santosh Kalwar
13. “Those true eyes Too pure and too honest in aught to disguise the sweet soul shining through them.” – Owen Meredith
14. “If the past was what we were meant to see. Then behind, not in front, our eyes would be.” – RVM
15. “I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again.” – Sylvia Plath
16. “Almost nothing need be said when you have eyes.” ― Tarjei Vesaas
17. “The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart.” – St. Jerome
18. “When a woman is talking to you, listen to what she says with her eyes.” – Victor Hugo
19. “No one can lie, no one can hide anything, when he looks directly into someone’s eyes.” – Paulo Coelho
20. “The face is a picture of the mind with the eyes as its interpreter.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
Eyes quotes that will inspire you to see the brighter side of life
21. “Those true eyes Too pure and too honest in aught to disguise The sweet soul shining through them.” – Owen Meredith
22. “The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.” – John Vance Cheney
23. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn (see all Audrey Hepburn quotes)
24. “Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.” – Rumi
25. “Fix your eyes on perfection and you make almost everything speed towards it.” – William Ellery Channing
26. “True love doesn’t need proof. The eyes told what heart felt.” ― Toba Beta
27. “The world only exists in your eyes. You can make it as big or as small as you want.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
28. “Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
29. “Example isn’t another way to teach, it is the only way to teach. Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.” – Albert Einstein
30. “If your eyes dwell in your heart; then your inner voice will be your congenial Guide.” – Sir Kristian Goldmund Aumann
Eyes quotes to celebrate good vision
31. “Eyes so transparent that through them the soul is seen.” – Theophile Gautier
32. “When pain brings you down, don’t be silly, don’t close your eyes and cry, you just might be in the best position to see the sunshine.” ― Alanis Morissette
33. “When the heart is full, the eyes overflow.” – Sholom Aleichem
34. “The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.” – Audrey Hepburn
35. “The light that lies in woman’s eyes, has been my heart’s undoing.” – Thomas More
36. “The light which puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star.” – Henry David Thoreau
37. “Just because a man lacks the use of his eyes doesn’t mean he lacks vision.” – Stevie Wonder
38. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” – Sophia Loren
39. “The eyes indicate the antiquity of the soul.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
40. “Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
Beautiful eyes quotes to inspire you
41. “You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories.” – Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
42. “The eyes are one of the most powerful tools a woman can have. With one look, she can relay the most intimate message. After the connection is made, words cease to exist. ” ― Jennifer Salaiz
43. “Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?” – Bob Marley
44. “It’s true about the eyes being the window to the soul. Your face can be etched with worry, and twisted by ageing, but the eyes tell the true story of who you are.” – Naomie Harris
45. “I like you; your eyes are full of language.” ― Anne Sexton
46. “The real lover is the man who can thrill you just by touching your head or smiling into your eyes – or just by staring into space.” – Marilyn Monroe
47. “Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think hard before starting a war.” – Otto von Bismarck
48. “The beauty that addresses itself to the eyes is only the spell of the moment; the eye of the body is not always that of the soul.” – George Sand
49. “I shut my eyes in order to see.” – Paul Gauguin
50. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
Which of these eyes quotes was your favorite?
Eyes play an important role in life. They are the most important organs of sense, perceiving up to 80% of all impressions. And if your other senses such as taste or smell were to fail, it’s your eyes that would best protect you from danger.
Besides, the eyes reflect how we feel. When you meet someone for the first time, your eyes can convey a wide range of feelings. They can reveal whether you feel trust or distrust, security, contentment, fear, and much more. Hopefully, the quotes above will help you appreciate the integral role the eyes play.
Did you enjoy these eyes quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
May 5, 2019 7:15 AM EST