The windows to the soul, this collection of eyes quotes will intrigue you to look past what you see.
Eyes are the windows to the1 soul. They don’t lie. They show the truth, no matter what face you put on. Just like body language, our eyes say more than we ever could with words.
The eyes can tell you a lot about another person’s emotional state. When you meet someone for the first time, the best way to get to know them is to look them in the eyes and observe what feelings they convey.
You can tell whether someone is sad or happy just by looking them in the eyes. The eyes can also reveal whether a smile is genuine or fake, whether or not someone trusts you, whether they feel secure, and much more.
Eyes are windows to the soul because they are the most honest part of the face. For example, we can control our mouths but we don’t have any control over our eyes. When you’re truly happy, your eyes become bigger and brighter involuntarily and give you away, but they look smaller when you’re sad and worried.
Eyes play an integral part in our lives. They not only allow us to see the beauty of our world, but they are the beginning to doing more. We should all celebrate them.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking eyes quotes, eyes sayings, and eyes proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to also read these incredible perception quotes about truth and reality.
Eyes quotes to help you see the beauty around you
1. “The soul, fortunately, has an interpreter – often an unconscious but still a faithful interpreter – in the eye.” – Charlotte Bronte
2. “Where words are restrained, the eyes often talk a great deal.” – Samuel Richardson
3. “The eyes shout what the lips fear to say.” – William Henry
4. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
5. “When the heart is down and the soul is heavy, the eyes can only speak the language of tears” ― Ikechukwu Izuakor
6. “Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
7. “The eye is the jewel of the body.” – Henry David Thoreau
8. “Ah, what happiness it is to be with people who are all happy, to press hands, press cheeks, smile into eyes.” ― Katherine Mansfield
9. “The eyes only see what the mind is prepared to comprehend.” – Henri Bergson
10. “Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other’s eyes for an instant? “ – Henry David Thoreau
Eyes Quotes Celebrating The Windows Of The Soul
11. “Anyone can look at others’ eyes, but Lovers can see into each others’ souls through the eyes.” – Larry Latta.
12. “If I can see pain in your eyes then share with me your tears. If I can see joy in your eyes then share with me your smile.” ― Santosh Kalwar
13. “Those true eyes Too pure and too honest in aught to disguise the sweet soul shining through them.” – Owen Meredith
14. “If the past was what we were meant to see. Then behind, not in front, our eyes would be.” – RVM
15. “I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again.” – Sylvia Plath
16. “I am intrigued by the smile upon your face, and the sadness within your eyes.” –Jeremy Aldana
17. “The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking confess the secrets of the heart.” – St. Jerome
18. “When a woman is talking to you, listen to what she says with her eyes.” – Victor Hugo
19. “No one can lie, no one can hide anything, when he looks directly into someone’s eyes.” – Paulo Coelho
20. “The face is a picture of the mind with the eyes as its interpreter.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
Don’t forget to also check out these purple quotes from inspiration to fashion.
Eyes quotes that will inspire you to see the brighter side of life
21. “Those true eyes Too pure and too honest in aught to disguise The sweet soul shining through them.” – Owen Meredith
22. “Almost nothing need be said when you have eyes.”― Tarjei Vesaas
23. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn (see all Audrey Hepburn quotes)
24. “She had curiously thoughtful and attentive eyes; eyes that were very pretty and very good.”― Charles Dickens
25. “I met a boy whose eyes showed me that the past, present and future were all the same thing.” – Jennifer Elisabeth
26. “True love doesn’t need proof. The eyes told what heartfelt.” ― Toba Beta
27. “The world only exists in your eyes. You can make it as big or as small as you want.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
28. “The tongue may hide the truth but the eyes—never!” – Mikhail Bulgakov
29. “Sometimes playing stupid opens your eyes to the truth.”― Anthony Liccione
30. “If your eyes dwell in your heart; then your inner voice will be your congenial Guide.” – Sir Kristian Goldmund Aumann
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like these colorful blue quotes that will delight your senses and spark creativity.
Eyes quotes to celebrate good vision
31. “Eyes so transparent that through them the soul is seen.” – Theophile Gautier
32. “Only in the eyes of love you can find infinity.” – Sorin Cerin
33. “When the heart is full, the eyes overflow.” – Sholom Aleichem
34. “The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.” – Audrey Hepburn
35. “His eyes reflected the open grey of the autumnal sky.”― Juliet Marillier
36. “Across the seat our eyes are holding hands.”― Jennifer Niven
37. “Just because a man lacks the use of his eyes doesn’t mean he lacks vision.” – Stevie Wonder
38. “Don’t let the eyes guide the heart, but have the heart guide the eyes.”― Anthony Liccione
39. “The eyes indicate the antiquity of the soul.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
40. “Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
Beautiful eyes quotes to inspire you
41. “You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories.” – Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
42. “Weak eyes are fondest of glittering objects.” – Thomas Carlyle
43. “Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?” – Bob Marley
44. “It’s true about the eyes being the window to the soul. Your face can be etched with worry, and twisted by ageing, but the eyes tell the true story of who you are.” – Naomie Harris
45. “What the eyes had seen could not be erased.”― Frank Herbert
46. “The real lover is the man who can thrill you just by touching your head or smiling into your eyes – or just by staring into space.” – Marilyn Monroe
47. “Closing your eyes and listening to silence is self-care.”― Maxime Lagacé
48. “The beauty that addresses itself to the eyes is only the spell of the moment; the eye of the body is not always that of the soul.” – George Sand
49. “I shut my eyes in order to see.” – Paul Gauguin
50. “If your eyes are blinded with your worries, you cannot see the beauty of the sunset.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
51. “Eyes shows lies.” – Toba Beta
52. “The eyes can do a thousand things that the fingers can’t.” – Iranian Proverb
53. “The eyes are hungry but often satiated before they see.” – Otl Aicher
54. “My eyes were made to erase all that is ugly.” – Raoul Dufy
55. “Your eyes are like two jewels in the sky.” – Bob Dylan
Eyes quotes everyone can relate to
56. “Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you’ll see the way to fly.” – Richard Bach
57. “Just as our eyes need light in order to see, our minds need ideas in order to conceive.” – Napoleon Hill
58. “Listen with your eyes for feelings.” – Stephen Covey
59. “In your eyes there are countless stars to be discovered. Why will you look for another sky?”― Avijeet Das
60. “With your eyes open, doors open.” – A.r. Kane, ‘What’s All This Then?’
61. “Each difficult moment has the potential to open my eyes and open my heart.” – Myla Kabat-Zinn
62. “The eyes have one language everywhere.” – George Herbert
63. “Open your Eyes, for this World is only a Dream.” – Rumi
64. “What the eye doesn’t see, the heart doesn’t grieve about.”― James Hadley Chase
65. “No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.” – Elizabeth Bowen
Short quotes about eyes
66. “Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.” — Jim Carrey
67. “If you see with innocent eyes, everything is divine.” — Federico Fellini
68. “The eyes of others, our prisons; their thoughts, our cages.” — Virginia Woolf
69. “Accept the terrible responsibility of life with eyes wide open.” — Jordan Peterson
70. “Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” — Theodore Roosevelt
71. “You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.” — Mark Twain
72. “It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.” — Sally Field
73. “Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.” — Benjamin Franklin
74. “Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars.” — Gilbert Parker
75. “It is in their eyes that their magic resides.” – Arthur Symons
Eye quotes about the power of our eyes
76. “Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?” — Groucho Marx
77. “What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes.” — Harry Houdini
78. “When I look into the future, it’s so bright it burns my eyes.” — Oprah Winfrey
79. “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” — Martin Buber
80. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” — Sophia Loren
81. “Some words are spoken by the eyes. And you must understand the language of the eyes.”― Avijeet Das
82. “He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.” — Albert Einstein
83. “In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don’t let your eyes deceive you.” — Janet Jackson
84. “Your heart is able to see things that your eyes aren’t able to.”― Kholoud Yasser
85. “Eyes reveal the unsaid things. The innocence, the flirtations, and the naughtiness all emanate from the eyes.”― Avijeet Das
Poetic eye quotes
86. “I like you; your eyes are full of language.” — Anne Sexton
87. “A lover’s eyes will gaze an eagle blind.” — William Shakespeare
88. “The face is the portrait of the mind; the eyes, its informers.” — Latin Proverb
89. “My eyes are an ocean in which my dreams are reflected.” — Anna M. Uhlich
90. “Through the eyes of a child, — is your heart then set free.” — Kurt Philip Behm
91. “I still close my eyes and go home. I can always draw from that.” — Dolly Parton
92. “The eyes are not responsible when the mind does the seeing.” — Publilius Syrus
93. “When the eyes of the flesh are shut, the eyes of the spirit are open.” — Willa Cather
94. “Who has a daring eye tell downright truths and downright lies.” — Johann Kaspar Lavater
95. “You know you’re in love when you can see your unborn children in her eyes.” — Bryan Adams
Which of these eyes quotes was your favorite?
Eyes play an important role in life. They are the most important organs of sense, perceiving up to 80% of all impressions. And if your other senses such as taste or smell were to fail, it’s your eyes that would best protect you from danger.
Besides, the eyes reflect how we feel. When you meet someone for the first time, your eyes can convey a wide range of feelings. They can reveal whether you feel trust or distrust, security, contentment, fear, and much more. Hopefully, the quotes above will help you appreciate the integral role the eyes play.
Did you enjoy these eyes quotes and sayings? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
May 9, 2022 3:00 AM EST