What is a vision board and do you really need one?
A vision board is an amazing tool that you can use to visualize the life you want and make it happen.
It is a place for you to put images of the things you want to achieve, positive affirmations, quotes, and anything else that you want to keep in the center of your mind’s eye while you work towards your goals.
Sure, having a vision board itself doesn’t mean that you will automatically just get where you want to be in life.
Like anything else, that vision you seek will require work, dedication, and sacrifice.
The vision board is there to help keep you on the path.
These vision board quotes will look great on the one you are going to want to create after reading these inspirational words.
A vision board is filled with goals and future dreams, so these quotes will look right at home on pinned on there.
On the way to your dream life, you will encounter times where you win and it seems like everything is right at the tip of your fingers.
However, there will also be times where things don’t go the way you expect and you experience failure or defeat.
This is all part of the process, and that’s why it is a great idea to include some vision board quotes and winning and failure.
Keep reading for more vision board quote ideas, and even tips on how to make one!
Don’t forget to also check out these letter board quotes to match your mood.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Inspirational vision board quotes about goals and the future
1. “The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.” — Benjamin Mays
2. “The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don’t define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.” — Denis Waitley
3. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” — Abraham Lincoln
4. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
5. “The big secret in life is that there is no secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.” — Oprah Winfrey
6. “Today is your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want.” — Ken Poirot
7. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” — Oprah Winfrey
9. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” — Mark Twain
10. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” — Chinese Proverb
Vision board quotes about dreams and beliefs that will motivate you
11. “Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality. Upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.” — Stuart Scott
12. “Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Steve Jobs
13. “If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small.” — Richard Branson
14. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan but also believe.” — Anatole France
15. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the further you get.” — Michael Phelps
16. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” — Theodore Roosevelt
17. “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” — Suzy Kassem
18. “If you believe it’ll work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you don’t believe it’ll work out, you’ll see obstacles.” — Wayne Dyer
19. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
20. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” — Earl Nightingale
Vision board quotes about winning and failure
21. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” — Vince Lombardi
22. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” — Og Mandino
23. “I never lose. Either I win or learn.” — Nelson Mandela
24. “The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is how high you raise your foot.” — Benny Lewis
25. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
26. “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes—understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” — Arianna Huffington
27. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” — Maya Angelou
28. “The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.” — Les Brown
29. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” — Margaret Thatcher
30. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” — Thomas A. Edison
Vision board quotes on why you need one
31. “Your brain will work tirelessly to achieve the statements you give your subconscious mind. And when those statements are the affirmations and images of your goals, you are destined to achieve them!” — Jack Canfield
32. “By putting a vision board somewhere you can see it every day, you will prompt yourself to visualize your ideal life on a regular basis. And that’s important because visualization activates the creative powers of your subconscious mind and programs your brain to notice available resources that were always there but escaped your notice.” — Jack Canfield
33. “You can use your vision board to depict goals and dreams in all areas of your life, or in just one specific area that you are focusing on. Keep it neat, and be selective about what you place in your vision board. It’s a good idea to avoid creating a cluttered or chaotic board… you don’t want to attract chaos into your life.” — Jack Canfield
34. “A vision board will keep you focused on who you want to be, where you want to go, and how you want to feel. Instead of being dragged down by daily life experiences that could steer you off course, you’ll have a consistent, powerful reminder of your ideal life with your best self.” — Casey McGuire Davidson
35. “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” — Gail Devers
36. “Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world.” — Joel A. Barker
37. “The path from dreams to success does exist. May you have the vision to find it, the courage to get on to it, and the perseverance to follow it.” — Kalpana Chawla
38. “I’ve learned that fear limits you and your vision. It serves as blinders to what may be just a few steps down the road for you. The journey is valuable, but believing in your talents, your abilities, and your self-worth can empower you to walk down an even brighter path. Transforming fear into freedom—how great is that?” — Soledad O’Brien
39. “The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can.” — Neil Gaiman
40. “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” — Carl Jung
Vision board quotes about the power of thinking and our thoughts
41. I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear. — Rosa Parks
42. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.” — Vincent Van Gogh
43. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” — Alice Walker
44. “Your focus determines your reality.” — George Lucas
45. “If you continue to think the way you’ve always thought, you’ll continue to get what you’ve always got.” — Kevin Trudeau
46. “Nurture your mind with great thoughts. To believe in the heroic makes heroes.” — Benjamin Disraeli
47. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” — Henry Ford
48. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” — Norman Vincent Peale
49. “There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking.” — Brian Tracy
50. “The price of greatness is responsibility for each of your thoughts.” — Winston Churchill
Vision Board Quotes To Be The Best Version of Yourself
51. “You carry the passport to your own happiness.” — Diane von Furstenberg
52. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe
53. “Be kinder to yourself, and celebrate little wins.” — Charlotte
54. “Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.” ― Bobby Unser
55. “I choose to make the rest of my life the best of my life.” — Louise Hay
56. “Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
57. “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” ― Bill Bradley
58. “The best way out is always through.” ― Robert Frost
59. “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” ― Colin Powell
60. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” — Helen Keller
What did you learn from these vision board quotes?
Clearly, having a vision board is great for goal planning, and figuring out what you want from life, but there are a few other reasons to make one.
It can be an excellent way to use your creative muscles and destress.
It can also motivate you and remind you what you are working so hard for.
What kind of things should you put on your board, aside from quotes though?
Grab some images that speak to you and your purpose in life.
What do you want to be doing every day?
Maybe you want to be a pilot, a lawyer, or a nurse.
Fill that board with the school you want to go to or things that remind you about that profession and why you like it.
Want to live a life that is full of travel and new places?
Get a picture of the specific place you want to go and put it on your board.
Want to be able to move into a different house, then plaster pictures of your dream house on there!
Then when your board is done make sure to put it somewhere that you can see it every day!
The idea is here to manifest your thoughts and goals into reality.
Now, people hear this and think it’s a little weird.
I mean we can’t really just wish upon a star and have all our dreams come true.
However, we can visualize the things we want and put that out into the universe, and being intentional with our dreams helps us make conscious choices and decisions that put us one step closer.
Those little steps each day will get you there before you know it, and you will need to update your vision board before you know it!
What’s your biggest takeaway from these vision board quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 20, 2022 7:00 AM EST