Inspirational quotes on living a life of balance
June 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Living a life of balance is about having a sense of independence and connectedness.
For most folks it could mean a right sense and practice of self-care.
For others, it’s a home that is organized and has a sense of sanctuary.
But many can agree that it also involves having people in your life that build you up instead of breaking you down.
Learn to remove negative self-talk from your life: see things in a positive light and the possibilities that are before you instead.
To highlight living a life of balance, here are some inspirational quotes to carry you through 2018.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Essential Quotes on Living a Life of Balance
1. “Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
You will also enjoy our article on great quotes about life.
2. “Life is the game that must be played.” – Edwin Arlington Robinson
You will also enjoy our article on wisdom quotes.
3. “We are always getting ready to live but never living.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on Living in the Moment Quotes.
4. “Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.” – Theodore Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on Maya Angelou Quotes.
5. “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
6. “I love life because what more is there.” – Sir Anthony Hopkins
7. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
8. “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” – Virginia Woolf
9. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” – Charles Darwin
10. “I think I’ve discovered the secret of life – you just hang around until you get used to it.” – Charles Schulz
11. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
12. “A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life.” – James Allen
13. “I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it’s not the answer.” – Jim Carrey
14. “I have a simple philosophy: Fill what’s empty. Empty what’s full. Scratch where it itches.” – Alice Roosevelt Longworth
15. “Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.” – Danny Kaye
16. “The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.” – Anonymous
17. “The aim of life is self-development. To realize one’s nature perfectly – that is what each of us is here for.” – Oscar Wilde
18. “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain
19. “You need to find a way to live your life, that it doesn’t make a mockery of your values.” – Bill Ayers
20. “All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.” – Henry Ellis
21. “Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” – Grandma Moses
22. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
Words of Wisdom and Quotes on Living a Life of Balance
23. “We must each lead a way of life with self-awareness and compassion, to do as much as we can. Then, whatever happens we will have no regrets.” – Dalai Lama
24. “Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.” – Vivian Komori
25. “Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “Life’s too mysterious to take too serious.” – Mary Engelbreit
27. “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.” – Dale Carnegie
28. “Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but it also becomes richer and happier.” – Albert Schweitzer
29. “When it comes to life the critical thing is, whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” – Gilbert Chesterton
30. “In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
31. “It is only when we realize that life is taking us nowhere that it begins to have meaning.” – P.D. Ouspensky
32. “You live but once; you might as well be amusing.” – Coco Chanel
33. “You’ve got to get to the stage in life where going for it is more important than winning or losing.” – Arthur Ashe
34. “Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
35. “I can get sad, I can get frustrated, I can get scared, but I never get depressed – because there’s joy in my life.” – Michael J. Fox
36. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
37. “The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.” – Ben Stein
38. “The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.” – Henry Miller
39. “Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.”- Brendan Gill
More Quotes on Living a Balanced Life for More Peace of Mind
40. “The most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well.” – Pierre de Courbertin
41. “Maxim for life: You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.” – Wayne Dyer
42. “Don’t take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
43. “A man’s life is interesting primarily when he has failed – I well know. For it’s a sign that he tried to surpass himself.” – Georges Clemenceau
44. “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching,
Love like you’ll never be hurt,
Sing like there’s nobody listening,
And live like it’s heaven on earth.”
– William W. Purkey
45. “When you live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and their meanings, you connect with the underlying field of infinite possibilities.” – William James
46. “It’s OK to not be OK, as long as you don’t stay that way.” – Anonymous
47. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” – Maya Angelou
48. “While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die – whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness.” – Gilda Radner
49. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
50. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
51. “I can be changed by what happens to me but I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou
52. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
53. “To laugh often and much;
to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends.
To appreciate beauty;
to find the best in others;
to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”
54. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
55. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – T. Roosevelt
Are you living a life of balance? Why or why not?
A life of balance is not easy to achieve.
We have responsibilities that keep us up all night and have us working through the day.
But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try.
Treat each day as a new beginning.
Pause when you need to.
Don’t let slip-ups get you down.
A life of balance is all about forgiving yourself when slip-ups happen – knowing you always get another chance.