Are you looking for lifelong learning quotes?
We have some of the most exciting and noteworthy quotes about lifelong learning.
What is lifelong learning?
Lifelong learning is the idea that our education never stops despite our accomplishments or milestones.
In other words, the opportunities to learn more remain after we graduate, earn a new degree, get a promotion, or reach a goal.
Below are some of the benefits of being a lifelong learner:
- Longer lifespan.
- Improved quality of life.
- Enhanced mental health.
Various scientific studies have demonstrated that lifelong learners maintain sharper mental abilities as they age.
Lifelong learners are usually more physically active as new activities keep them occupied.
Thus, lifetime learners live longer and have been shown to demonstrate improved physical and mental health.
Lifelong learning is conscious living
Conscious living means being aware.
Some people sleepwalk through life, only sometimes becoming aware of their impact or potential.
Nathaniel Branden is a psychotherapist known for his work in the psychology of self-esteem.
He is also someone who knows the value of lifelong learning.
He once shared, “ A commitment to lifelong learning is a natural expression of the practice of consciously living.”
His quote reminds us that lifelong learning is our natural state of being.
From the moment we are born, we soak in new information and learn about our environment.
Conscious living is mindfulness; we naturally express new learning capacities when we are mindful.
For more interesting lifelong learning content, check out our quotes below.
Short lifelong learning quotes about life
Learning does not have an age limit. Choosing to be a lifelong learner is a mindset.
Some people see challenges and roadblocks and think of reasons to quit. Other people see those same potential impediments as opportunities to learn something new.
1. “Each day presents an opportunity for learning.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita, Think Great
2. “It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.” ― John Wooden
3. “The education of a man is never completed until he dies.” ― Robert E. Lee
4. “In life, unlike chess, the game continues after checkmate.” — Isaac Asimov
5. “I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma.” — Eartha Kitt
6. “Wisdom comes not from age, but from education and learning.” — Anton Chekhov
7. “Learning new skills is one way we can rewrite the story of our lives.” ― Thatcher Wine, The Twelve Monotasks
8. “The man who is too old to learn was probably always too old to learn.” — Henry S. Haskins
9. “You’ll never know everything about anything, especially something you love.” ― Julia Child
10. “When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.” — Abraham Joshua Heschel
Famous inspirational lifelong learning quotes about passion
These quotes remind us to feel joy as we learn. Look, we all need a little inspiration now and then.
School reinforces the idea that learning is supposed to be hard work. Authentic learning is fun and exciting. We have the most potential to learn while living in our joy.
11. “Life is a continuous learning process.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
12. “You are never old to begin self-seeking.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita, Pearls of Wisdom
13. “I was only 44, which is childhood philosophy.” ― Will Durant
14. “Learn with great passion. Learn with great enthusiasm.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
15. “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” ― William Butler Yeats
16. “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” ― Albert Einstein
17. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” — Mahatma Gandhi
18. “Tell me, and I forget, teach me, and I may remember, involve me, and I learn.” — Benjamin Franklin
19. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” — Dr. Seuss
20. “That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you’ve understood all your life, but in a new way.” — Doris Lessing
The best lifelong learning quotes about careers
It is unwise to think we will learn everything we need to know during any phase of our lives.
As we mature, we learn new aspects of what we think we know. Lifetime learning means lifetime growth.
21. “Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.” ― Socrates
22. “To this end, the greatest asset of a school is the personality of the teacher.” — John Strachan
23. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” — Malcolm X
24. “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence.” — Robert Frost
25. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” ― Henry Ford
26. “I believe the more successful an actor becomes, the more chances he should take. An actor never stops learning.” — John Garfield
27. “The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as we continue to live.” — Mortimer Adler
28. “Commit yourself to lifelong learning. The most valuable asset you’ll ever have is your mind and what you put into it.” — Albert Einstein
29. “No thief, however skillful, can rob one of knowledge, and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure to acquire.” ― L. Frank Baum
30. “We now accept the fact that learning is a lifelong process of keeping abreast of change. And the most pressing task is to teach people how to learn.” — Peter Drucker
Top lifelong learning quotes about love and school
Learning can start in a classroom, but our educations extend further after graduation.
31. “He who laughs most learns best.” — John Cleese
32. “Change is the end result of all true learning.” ― Leo Buscaglia
33. “Being a student is easy. Learning requires actual work.” — William Crawford
34. “All the world is my school, and all humanity is my teacher.” ― George Whitman
35. “The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” — Walt Disney
36. “I read my eyes out and can’t read half enough…the more one reads, the more one sees we have to read.” ― John Adams, Letters of John Adams
37. “There are few things more pathetic than those who have lost their curiosity and sense of adventure, and who no longer care to learn.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley, Way to Be!
38. “Fred really wanted people to grow; that was a big word in his vocabulary. He was always growing, growing emotionally, growing educationally.” ― Maxwell King, The Good Neighbor: The Life and Work of Fred Rogers
39. “There is nothing more notable in Socrates than that he found time, when he was an old man, to learn music and dancing, and thought it time well spent.” ― Michel de Montaigne, The Complete Essays
40. “Those people who develop the ability to continuously acquire new and better forms of knowledge that they can apply to their work and to their lives will be the movers and shakers in our society for the indefinite future.” ― Brian Tracy
Lifelong learning quotes about success and failure
Sometimes we learn the most through our failures.
41. “Life gives us experiences; we are learners.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita, Think Great
42. “Continuous learning is the minimum requirement for success in any field.” — Brian Tracy
43. “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” — Albert Einstein
44. “It’s essential to keep moving, learning, and evolving for as long as you’re here, and this world keeps spinning” ― Rasheed Ogunlaru
45. “Every day I used my power of concentration, indulged my pleasure in lifelong learning, and kept up my hope that this credential would further bolster my expertise.” ― Ranjani Rao, Rewriting My Happily Ever After
46. “Working life has extended so much in the last fifty years that it exceeds life expectancy of even the most successful businesses. Very few businesses are successful for more than 25 or 30 years.” ― Peter Drucker
47. “Cultivate an appreciation and passion for books. I’m using passion in the fullest sense of the word: a deep, fervent emotion, a state of intense desire; an enthusiastic ardor for something or someone.” ― Cassandra King, The Same Sweet Girls’ Guide to Life
48. “Focusing solely on cultural competency can lead to undesired consequences. The term implies that one has learned everything they need to learn about a certain culture or group of people, when in fact learning is a never-ending process.” ― Snigdha Nandipati, A Case of Culture
49. “They must be prepared to learn again. They must be prepared to position themselves. They must be prepared to want to learn— to see it not as something they need to do but as something they enjoy doing. They will have to learn how to learn.” ― Peter Drucker
50. “Most educated people who go to work in their early twenties will keep working until they are seventy. And so they had better be prepared for a second career whether it’s in another organization where they are doing what they have been doing or in a new line of work.” — Peter Drucker
Ongoing learning means keeping an open mind
Even the most stubborn people realize that the shelf life of skills has gotten shorter in today’s workforce.
What is relevant today can be obsolete in a year or two, making our constant evolution essential.
Gig economies, automation, and working from home have all transformed how we approach our careers.
To stay relevant and grow with the times, we must upskill, reskill and master a variety of new soft skills.
Recent data shows that around fifteen million people take some form of formal or informal lifelong learning class every year.
Lifelong learning keeps you healthy!
Studies have found that lifelong learning prevents isolation, reduces stress, and improves memory as we age.
If we want to stay confident, feel healthy, remain present and fulfill our potential, we must engage in lifelong learning.
Do you have a favorite lifelong learning quote?
Please, be sure to let us know in the comment section below.