I’m Done Quotes for Seeking Motivation
April 15, 2023 5:18 AM EST
Finding the best “I’m done” quotes can be a daunting task.
To help you, we have done the hard job of collecting the top “I’m done” quotes.
These quotes are motivational as well as inspirational.
Besides, most of these quotes are interesting enough to be shared with your friends and family.
Apart from offering you a nice collection of quotes, we have also discussed what the phrase “I’m done” means.
If interested, please continue reading.
What the phrase “I’m done” Means
It’s a phrase commonly used in day-to-day conversation.
“I’m done” indicates that a person has finished doing something.
It can be used in various contexts, such as:
- Completing a project
- Finishing a meal
- Ending a relationship
- Leaving a conversation
Sometimes, this phrase can also express anger, frustration, or lack of interest in something.
The two most common ways in which this phrase can be used are listed below.
- For conveying a sense of accomplishment
- For showing a lack of interest in something
For Conveying a Sense of Accomplishment
The phrase I’m done can be used to convey a sense of accomplishment or satisfaction.
If someone has finished a task, he/she will communicate her accomplishment by simply saying, “I’m done.”
Furthermore, it suggests that a person has achieved the goal and is now ready to move to the next one.
The level of accomplishment expressed through this phrase could vary in terms of a person’s facial expressions or tone.
In a few cases, this phrase could also convey a sense of exhaustion or relief.
This might differ from a strong sense of accomplishment.
Apart from this, people also utter these words with great enthusiasm and pride.
This clearly suggests that they are pleased with the results they have achieved.
Suggests a Lack of Interest in Something
There are certain contexts where the phrase “I’m done” is used from a different perspective.
For instance, if a person says “I’m done” when talking to others, this indicates that such an individual is not interested in the continuation of a conversation.
Hence, by saying this phrase, you can exhibit your disinterest in continuing with an activity.
On the other hand, if someone says this phrase while working on a task, it means he isn’t motivated enough to continue with it.
After going through the above content, it is essential to note the phrase “I’m done” could be used with a variety of connotations and meanings.
Its meaning depends on the body language, tone, and context of the speaker.
You will also enjoy our article on growing apart quotes.
Top 10 I’m Done Quotes
These are the top ‘I’m Done’ quotes to read and share.
1. “But ‘almost done’ is not done!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
2. “I’m done with rules that are there just to be rules.” ― Brad Paisley
3. “Every time I say I’m done, I find myself trying again.” ― Kaye Gurrea
4. “I’m going to be done when I’ve decided that I’m done.” ― David Ortiz
5. “Maybe in my 20s, I was a little more lively. But I’m done with that.” ― Peter Dinklage
6. “I’m tired of trying to get other people to see into my brain. I’m done.” ― Todd McFarlane
7. “But I’ve got more to learn, too. I don’t feel like I’m done or I know it all.” ― Gary Sinise
8. “It’s sad to know I’m done. But looking back, I’ve got a lot of great memories.” ― Bonnie Blair
9. “I am so tired of rearranging my life around what the stupidest people might do.” ― Bill Maher
10. “When a thing is done, it’s done. Don’t look back. Look forward to your next objective.” ― George C. Marshall
I’m Done Quotes that are Ideal to Tweet
The following ‘I’m Done’ quotes are short as well as inspirational, making them a perfect choice for sharing on Twitter.
11. “Once I retire, I’m retiring. I’m done.” ― Michael Phelps
12. “I’m tired of pretending I’m not special.” ― Charlie Sheen
13. “I’m done. Done with social media. Done.” ― David Draiman
14. “I’ve done all my tricks. I’m tired of myself.” ― Sandra Bullock
15. “I just can’t break. If I break, I’m done. So I don’t break.” ― Hannah Simone
16. “When you think about retiring, you’re done. You already checked out.” ― Frank Gore
17. “I’m guilty of giving people more chances than they deserve, but when I’m done, I’m done.” ― Turcois Ominek
18. “I’m done with trying to be perfect. A perfect body belongs to somebody else – and it’s not me.” ― Geri Halliwell
19. “I’m done saying ‘I’m sorry I wasn’t who you needed or wanted me to be’ to everybody in my life.” ― Diane Lane
20. “Once upon a time, I could sing for three hours. Now, when you see me say ‘I’m done,’ I’m done; ain’t nothing left till the next night.” ― Bobby Womack
I’m Done Quotes with Lessons
Following ‘I’m Done’ quotes are filled with lessons.
21. “I’m done with those; regrets are an excuse for people who have failed.” ― Ned Vizzini
22. “You can only do so much grunting and groaning, and then you’re done, you know?” ― Craig T. Nelson
23. “You can never be satisfied until you are done playing this game. So I’m just working.” ― Aaron Donald
24. “If you believe in something and have the strength not to give up, it can happen. I am the living proof it can be done.” ― Samuel Eto’o
25. “I’m done with men… I’m going to be alone. I have no luck with relationships. I don’t think I’m made for marriage.” ― Halle Berry
26. “I get a little tired of people telling me what might have been. I think I’ve done OK. I don’t dwell on what might have been.” ― Ken Griffey Jr.
27. “I’m officially done trying. If you want me in your life, you can come to find me. Until then, continue treating me like I don’t exist.” ― Quinton Riley
28. “I’m one of those people where, if I go back and look at it, I’m going to feel like, ‘I wish I would have… ‘ I need just to leave it on the floor. What’s done is done.” ― Regina King
29. “I think I’m decisive, and I like to get things done quickly. So if that comes across as intimidation, I’m sorry to hear it. But it’s more in the interest of getting things done.” ― Anna Wintour
30. “When I’m done with something, I’m done. I don’t go back and listen to and pine for my old albums, the Lollapalooza days, or ‘Psalm 69’ selling millions of records. Maybe I’m really just getting old and mellow.” ― Al Jourgensen
I’m Done Quotes with Courage
These ‘I’m Done’ quotes are very encouraging and supporting.
31. “I am not what happened to me; I am what I choose to become.” ― Carl Jung
32. “Just because it is not done your way, doesn’t mean it is not right.” ― Charmaine J Forde
33. “I am done with the past; the future has plenty of room for change.” ― Cyrile Dayao
34. “I still miss you and maybe even still like you, but I’m done chasing you.” ― Anmol Andore
35. “You’re always growing as a coach, and I am not done growing, and hopefully, I’m not done winning.” ― Doc Rivers
36. “The fact of the matter is, you don’t give up what’s natural. Anything I’ve fantasized about, I’ve done.” ― Ray Charles
37. “I’m so tired I never want to wake up again. But I’ve figured out now that it was never them that made me feel that way. It was just me, all along.” ― Maggie Stiefvater
38. “I definitely am done with as much drama as I can be done with. I don’t think it helps me with any of my business endeavors or the things that I’m excited about.” ― Farrah Abraham
39. “Sometimes the only way you can feel good about yourself is by making someone else look bad. And I’m tired of making other people feel good about themselves.” ― Dan Castellaneta
40. “I just wish you knew how much I liked you. But now, since you decided to leave, I’m done trying. I’m done with you because the last thing I want now is to be with you.” ― Andii Sundari
More I’m Done Quotes and Sayings
Following are some more ‘I’m Done’ quotes with several types.
41. “I’m fed up with the idiots.” ― Sean Connery
42. “It’s over. I’m done. No more trying.” ― Nicole Tran
43. “I don’t stop when I’m tired; I stop when I’m done.” ― Bruce Lee
44. “I don’t want to say anything derogatory I’m done.” – Ed Rollins
45. “I am fed up. I am fed up with tears and weakness.” ― Veronica Roth
46. “I need a little peace now; I can’t handle the situations.” ― Pavankumar Nagaraj
47. “I pop, I break, I love, and I crave, but when push comes to shove, we’re done.” ― Dominic Riccitello
48. “I’m done chasing people, I’m done begging them to stay, no expectations, no regrets. Broken.” ― Sushmitha Sravanthi
49. “People are fed up with seeing the same thing over and over. They want a qualitative change.” ― Amitabh Bachchan
50. “I’m done chasing after people if you want to walk out of my life, I’ll hold the door open for you.” ― Halliev
Which of these I’m Done Quotes is your Favorite?
The “I’m done” quotes listed above can convey different feelings that a person can express through this phrase.
People utter “I’m done” on various occasions, which suggests different meanings in different contexts.
You can find your favorite quote by going through our comprehensive list of “I’m done” quotes.
If you have already come across such a quote, mention it in the comments section.
We would love to hear from you.