These Walt Disney quotes prove he left a legacy of dreams and perseverance that will never be forgotten.
Share your favorite quote by the entrepreneur in the comments below.
Walt Disney had to overcome extreme resistance and rejection to get Disney Films off the ground.
Born in Chicago on December 5, 1901, he is widely regarded as the pioneer of the American animation industry.
He died of circulatory collapse caused by lung cancer on December 15, 1966.
These Walt Disney quotes reflect many of the values and principles displayed in his films.
Regarded as one of the greatest minds in the entertainment industry here are a few lessons we can learn from the legendary Walt Disney.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
1. Don’t be afraid to do what you love
The entire Disney enterprise started with Walt’s love of drawing.
He become the famous voice of Mickey mouse and went on to create an empire.
Needless to say, people thought he was crazy with delusions of grandeur.
What Walt did takes courage and persistence.
He taught us not to settle for jobs that will crush our dreams or give in to opinions that shrink us. Do what you love.
You will also enjoy our article on Disney quotes.
2. Become a student with the goal of becoming a master
Walt Disney was known for his tireless work ethic and extreme focus on the details. He never tried to just “get through it”.
He was dedicated to mastering his craft and truly becoming the best that he could be.
3. Give to others before you give to yourself
Walt Disney believed people should be generous and compassionate.
The original Disney Land was for people who wanted to experience happiness, love and fun with no distraction from the outside world.
You will also enjoy our article on lion king quotes.
4. Never grow up
Walt Disney believed that those who are in a rush to grow up could be selling themselves short. He believed that if you’re not having fun, you’re not truly expressing yourself.
As soon as you step onto any Disney Land Resort you can tell it’s been designed to bring out your inner child no matter your age.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking Walt Disney quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Walt Disney Quotes Expressing Valuable Life Lessons
1. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
You will also enjoy our article on dream quotes.
2. “The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.” – Walt Disney
You will also enjoy our article on fighting cancer quotes.
3. “There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.” – Walt Disney
Walt Disney Quotes that will inspire you to keep moving forward
4. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
Walt Disney Quotes on getting things done
5. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
6. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney
Walt Disney Quotes on believing in yourself
7. “When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.” – Walt Disney
8. “All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
9. “When you’re curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.” – Walt Disney
10. “A man should never neglect his family for business.” – Walt Disney
11. “Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.” – Walt Disney
12. “You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
13. “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me… You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
14. “I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.” – Walt Disney
Walt Disney quotes on success, dreams and creativity
15. “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” – Walt Disney
16. “I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn’t know how to get along without it.” – Walt Disney
17. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
18. “Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards – the things we live by and teach our children – are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings.” – Walt Disney
19. “Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.” – Walt Disney
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of imagination quotes that will inspire you to unleash the untapped treasures in your mind.
20. “I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.” – Walt Disney
21. “Mickey Mouse is, to me, a symbol of independence. He was a means to an end.” – Walt Disney
22. “Disneyland is a work of love. We didn’t go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.” – Walt Disney
23. “Laughter is America’s most important export.” – Walt Disney
24. “I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things.” – Walt Disney
25. “You reach a point where you don’t work for money.” – Walt Disney
What other Walt Disney quotes would you add to the list?
Walt Disney is arguably one of the greatest minds in the entertainment industry.
He established himself as a genuine part of the American entertainment history.
He holds the record for the most Academy Awards.
He won 22 Oscars from 59 nominations, was presented with two Golden Globe Special Achievement Awards as well as an Emmy Award.
Disney had a warm and outgoing public persona and had high expectations and high standards of those with whom he worked with.
Hopefully, you’ve learned a few lessons from these Walt Disney quotes.
What other Walt Disney quotes would you add to the list?
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
August 22, 2022 5:00 AM EST