Our latest collection of “be yourself” quotes on Everyday Power.
Are you struggling with trying to be who you want? Are you donning masks to try and hide your true self?
There are many reasons why people try to hide their truths. Maybe you’ve looked at others and wished you could be like them. Or maybe you believed not being you could get you what you wanted.
However, the truth is that you can’t be someone else. You are you. You are unique and don’t have to sacrifice being yourself to achieve what you want.
When you’re not being yourself, you become someone who tries to please others instead of making yourself happy. This will only drain your mind, body, and soul.
Being yourself is important because it makes happiness easier to obtain. It allows you to tap into your Everyday Power and live a more fulfilling life.
Although there may be a lot of pressure from the outside world as it tries to influence who you are, you should always live life on your terms, not someone else’s.
Here are some inspirational be yourself quotes to help you be authentic and real.
Be yourself quotes about being authentic and real
1. “Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.”– Allen Ginsberg
2. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
3. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”– Bernard M. Maruch
4. “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.”– Dolly Parton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Dolly Parton quotes from the iconic actress.
5. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “Don’t worry what people say or what people think. Be yourself.” – Brett Hull
7. “Some people like you, some people don’t. In the end, you just have to be yourself.” – Andres Iniesta
8. “It’s just better to be yourself than to try to be some version of what you think the other person wants.” – Matt Damon
9. “We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin.”
– Andre Berthiaume
10. “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” ― Tyra Banks
Inspiring be yourself quotes
11. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”– Judy Garland
12. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” —Coco Chanel
13. “Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.”― Roy T. Bennett
14. “If you can just be yourself, then you have to be original because there’s no one like you.” – Marc Newson
15. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” —Beyoncé
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of self worth quotes to boost your confidence.
16. “Don’t try to impress people. Always be yourself.”- Bella Thorne
17. “You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?” ― Dr. Seuss
18. “Just be you, be beautiful and be comfortable in your own skin.” – Helen Edwards
19. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we’ll ever do.” —Brené Brown
20. “The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.” ― Cassandra Clare
Also read these baddie quotes to celebrate your individuality.
More quotes about being yourself
21. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”― Maya Angelou
22. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
23. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” —Johnny Depp
24. “Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone don’t be someone else just be yourself.” ― Selena Gomez
25. “I’ve always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be.” – Dita Von Teese
26. “Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.” —Angelina Jolie
27. “Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for” ― Oliver James
28. “Remember, it’s ok to be yourself.” – Richard Branson
29. “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.” ― Virginia Satir
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of perception quotes about truth and reality.
30. “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.” – John Mason
Powerful be yourself quotes
31. “Our time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”– Steve Jobs
32. “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.” —Lao Tzu
33. “Live life as though nobody is watching, and express yourself as though everyone is listening.”– Nelson Mandela
34. “He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away.” – Raymond Hull
35. “Be yourself, but always your better self.”– Karl Maeser
36. “Don’t compromise yourself. You’re all you’ve got.” ― Janis Joplin
37. “Say what you feel. It’s not being rude, it’s called being real.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of be real quotes celebrating the real you.
38. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
39. “Be yourself – not your idea of what you think somebody else’s idea of yourself should be.” – Henry David Thoreau
40. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive.” – Harold Whitman
Be yourself quotes to boost your motivation
41. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”― Oscar Wilde
42. “Fearlessly be yourself.’ – Anthony Rapp
43. “I never said to be like me, I say be yourself and make a difference.” ― Marilyn Manson
44. “Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.” – Julius Charles Hare
45. “Just be yourself, let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful & magical person that you are.” – Mandy Hale
46. “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
47. “You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!”― John Lennon
48. “Nobody is so miserable as he who longs to be somebody and something other than the person he is in body and mind.” – Angelo Patri
49. “If you’re able to be yourself, then you have no competition. All you have to do is get closer and closer to that essence.” – Barbara Cook
50. “Nothing can be more hurtful to your heart than betraying yourself.” ― Roy T. Bennett
Be yourself quotes to elevate your mind
51. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.” – Andre Gide
52. “Just be yourself, there is no one better.” – Taylor Swift
53. “Learn to… be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grace quotes that will change your life.
54. “Take the time to come home to yourself every day.” – Robin Casarjean
55. “Accept the responsibility of being yourself as you are, with all that is good and with all that is bad, with all that is beautiful and that which is not beautiful. In that acceptance, a transcendence happens and one becomes free.” – Osho
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Osho quotes on how to live life and find inspiration.
56. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.”– Philip Pullman
57. “The hardest battle you’re ever going to fight is the battle to be just you.” – Leo Buscaglia
58. “Your life is yours and yours alone. Rise up and live it.” – Terry Goodkind
59. “We probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do.” – Olin Miller
60. “Why try to be someone you’re not? Life is hard enough without adding impersonation to the skills required.” – Robert Brault
Be yourself quotes to inspire and teach
61. “Your main purpose is to be yourself as fully as you can.”― Darryl Anka
62. “Don’t try to be different, and don’t try to be like everyone else: just be yourself.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
63. “Just FYI, you are unique, and you are perfect!”― Izey Victoria Odiase
64. “No matter how far away from yourself you may have strayed, there is always a path back. You already know who you are and how to fulfill your destiny. And your ruby slippers are ready to carry you home.”― Oprah Winfrey
65. “When you try to be like someone else, you lose yourself and on top of that, you cannot be someone else! You are what you are!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
66. “You don’t need permission to be who you are, the universe already gave you permission.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
67. “Do not wait for others to roll out the red carpet for you. Be your own star.”― Christine E. Szymanski
68. “And how can we truly know ourselves unless we get still enough to listen to just ourselves? Unless we give ourselves the time and space to tune in.”― Shayne Traviss
69. “Be yourself, not who someone wants you to be. Be unique.”― Chantelle Lambert
70. “Never be afraid to be what you want to be…People don’t have to like you but they have to respect you.”― Mouloud Benzadi
Check out these know your worth quotes to help you believe in yourself more.
Other inspirational be yourself quotes
71. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
72. “To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.” – Roy T. Bennett
73. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” – Lao Tzu
74. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
75. “Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love.” – Rumi
76. “Don’t you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are.” – Lady Gaga
77. “Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.” – Brian Tracy
78. ”Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. Tell them to put on some sunglasses, cuz we were born this way bitch!” – Lady Gaga
79. “Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive.” – Gerard Way
80. “If you don’t know who you truly are, you’ll never know what you really want.” – Roy T. Bennett
Did you enjoy these be yourself quotes?
Although the world may try to influence who you are, you should never allow others to change you. You should remain true to yourself because that’s what will make you happy.
In a world that’s constantly evolving, it’s vital that you always be true to yourself from the inside out. All in all, being your authentic self should be one of your main life goals. Hopefully, these quotes have inspired you to drop whatever mask you might be donning.
Did you enjoy these be yourself quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
March 22, 2021 5:41 AM EST