Be Yourself Quotes About Being Authentic and Real
July 26, 2022 6:00 AM EST
Our latest collection of “be yourself” quotes on Everyday Power.
Are you struggling with trying to be who you want?
Are you donning masks to try and hide your true self?
There are many reasons why people try to hide their truths.
Maybe you’ve looked at others and wished you could be like them.
Or maybe you believed not being you could get you what you wanted.
However, the truth is that you can’t be someone else.
You are you.
You may also enjoy our article on:
You are unique and don’t have to sacrifice being yourself to achieve what you want.
When you’re not being yourself, you become someone who tries to please others instead of making yourself happy.
This will only drain your mind, body, and soul.
Being yourself is important because it makes happiness easier to obtain.
It allows you to tap into your Everyday Power and live a more fulfilling life.
Although there may be a lot of pressure from the outside world as it tries to influence who you are, you should always live life on your terms, not someone else’s.
Here are some inspirational be yourself quotes to help you be authentic and real.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Be yourself quotes about being authentic and real
1. “Follow your inner moonlight; don’t hide the madness.”– Allen Ginsberg
You will also enjoy our article on being alone quotes.
2. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
You will also enjoy our article on mask quotes.
3. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”– Bernard M. Maruch
You will also enjoy our article on Brené Brown Quotes.
4. “Find out who you are and do it on purpose.”– Dolly Parton
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Dolly Parton quotes from the iconic actress.
5. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on Lao Tzu quotes.
6. “Don’t worry what people say or what people think. Be yourself.” – Brett Hull
You will also enjoy our article on authenticity quotes.
7. “Some people like you, some people don’t. In the end, you just have to be yourself.” – Andres Iniesta
You will also enjoy our article on Nike quotes.
8. “It’s just better to be yourself than to try to be some version of what you think the other person wants.” – Matt Damon
You will also enjoy our article on Friedrich Nietzsche quotes.
9. “We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin.”
– Andre Berthiaume
You will also enjoy our article on best inspirational quotes on life.
10. “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” ― Tyra Banks
You will also enjoy our article on quotes on acceptance self others.
Inspiring be yourself quotes
11. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second rate version of someone else.”– Judy Garland
You will also enjoy our article on pride quotes.
12. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” —Coco Chanel
You will also enjoy our article on identity quotes.
13. “Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.”― Roy T. Bennett
You will also enjoy our article on self care quotes.
14. “If you can just be yourself, then you have to be original because there’s no one like you.” – Marc Newson
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about being happy.
15. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” —Beyoncé
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of self worth quotes to boost your confidence.
16. “Don’t try to impress people. Always be yourself.”- Bella Thorne
You will also enjoy our article on confidence quotes.
17. “You are you. Now, isn’t that pleasant?” ― Dr. Seuss
You will also enjoy our article on self acceptance quotes.
18. “Just be you, be beautiful and be comfortable in your own skin.” – Helen Edwards
You will also enjoy our article on imperfection quotes.
19. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we’ll ever do.” —Brené Brown
You will also enjoy our article on follow your heart quotes.
20. “The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.” ― Cassandra Clare
Also, read these baddie quotes to celebrate your individuality.
More quotes about being yourself
21. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”― Maya Angelou
22. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
23. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” —Johnny Depp
24. “Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone don’t be someone else just be yourself.” ― Selena Gomez
25. “I’ve always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be.” – Dita Von Teese
26. “Some people say you are going the wrong way when it’s simply a way of your own.” —Angelina Jolie
27. “Do your own thing on your own terms and get what you came here for” ― Oliver James
28. “Remember, it’s ok to be yourself.” – Richard Branson
29. “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.” ― Virginia Satir
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of perception quotes about truth and reality.
30. “You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.” – John Mason
Powerful be yourself quotes
31. “Our time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”– Steve Jobs
32. “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.” —Lao Tzu
33. “Live life as though nobody is watching, and express yourself as though everyone is listening.”– Nelson Mandela
34. “He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away.” – Raymond Hull
35. “Be yourself, but always your better self.”– Karl Maeser
36. “Don’t compromise yourself. You’re all you’ve got.” ― Janis Joplin
37. “Say what you feel. It’s not being rude, it’s called being real.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of be real quotes celebrating the real you.
38. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
39. “Be yourself – not your idea of what you think somebody else’s idea of yourself should be.” – Henry David Thoreau
40. “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive.” – Harold Whitman
You might also like these love yourself quotes that will increase your self-esteem.
Be yourself quotes to boost your motivation
41. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”― Oscar Wilde
42. “Fearlessly be yourself.’ – Anthony Rapp
43. “I never said to be like me, I say be yourself and make a difference.” ― Marilyn Manson
44. “Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.” – Julius Charles Hare
45. “Just be yourself, let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful & magical person that you are.” – Mandy Hale
46. “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
47. “You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!”― John Lennon
Don’t forget to also check out these motivational quotes for weight loss that will inspire you to achieve!
48. “Nobody is so miserable as he who longs to be somebody and something other than the person he is in body and mind.” – Angelo Patri
49. “If you’re able to be yourself, then you have no competition. All you have to do is get closer and closer to that essence.” – Barbara Cook
50. “Nothing can be more hurtful to your heart than betraying yourself.” ― Roy T. Bennett
Be yourself quotes to elevate your mind
51. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not.” – Andre Gide
52. “Just be yourself, there is no one better.” – Taylor Swift
53. “Learn to… be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grace quotes that will change your life.
54. “Take the time to come home to yourself every day.” – Robin Casarjean
55. “Accept the responsibility of being yourself as you are, with all that is good and with all that is bad, with all that is beautiful and that which is not beautiful. In that acceptance, a transcendence happens and one becomes free.” – Osho
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Osho quotes on how to live life and find inspiration.
56. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.”– Philip Pullman
57. “The hardest battle you’re ever going to fight is the battle to be just you.” – Leo Buscaglia
58. “Your life is yours and yours alone. Rise up and live it.” – Terry Goodkind
59. “We probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of us if we could know how seldom they do.” – Olin Miller
60. “Why try to be someone you’re not? Life is hard enough without adding impersonation to the skills required.” – Robert Brault
You might also like these Bad Bitch quotes that will inspire confidence within you.
Be yourself quotes to inspire and teach
61. “Your main purpose is to be yourself as fully as you can.”― Darryl Anka
62. “Don’t try to be different, and don’t try to be like everyone else: just be yourself.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
63. “Just FYI, you are unique, and you are perfect!”― Izey Victoria Odiase
64. “No matter how far away from yourself you may have strayed, there is always a path back. You already know who you are and how to fulfill your destiny. And your ruby slippers are ready to carry you home.”― Oprah Winfrey
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these spiritual quotes about inner peace and love.
65. “When you try to be like someone else, you lose yourself and on top of that, you cannot be someone else! You are what you are!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
66. “You don’t need permission to be who you are, the universe already gave you permission.”― Matshona Dhliwayo
67. “Do not wait for others to roll out the red carpet for you. Be your own star.”― Christine E. Szymanski
68. “And how can we truly know ourselves unless we get still enough to listen to just ourselves? Unless we give ourselves the time and space to tune in.”― Shayne Traviss
69. “Be yourself, not who someone wants you to be. Be unique.”― Chantelle Lambert
70. “Never be afraid to be what you want to be…People don’t have to like you but they have to respect you.”― Mouloud Benzadi
Check out these know your worth quotes to help you believe in yourself more.
Other inspirational be yourself quotes
71. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
72. “To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.” – Roy T. Bennett
73. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” – Lao Tzu
74. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
75. “Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love.” – Rumi
76. “Don’t you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are.” – Lady Gaga
77. “Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.” – Brian Tracy
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love our collection of rejection quotes about life, love, and goals.
78. ”Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. Tell them to put on some sunglasses, cuz we were born this way bitch!” – Lady Gaga
79. “Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive.” – Gerard Way
80. “If you don’t know who you truly are, you’ll never know what you really want.” – Roy T. Bennett
81. “You always have to stay true to yourself.” – Aerin Lauder
82. “You can be true to the character all you want but you’ve got to go home with yourself.” – Julia Roberts
83. “The thing that is really hard and really amazing is giving up on being perfect and beginning to work on becoming yourself.” – Anna Quindlen
84. “Be different; be unique; be yourself.” – Christina Grimmie
85. “By being yourself, you put something beautiful into the world that was not there before.” – Edwin Elliot
Be sure to also check out our collection of lonely quotes that prove it’s okay to be alone.
Be yourself quotes to remind you how special you are
86. “Existence wants you to be you.” — Osho
87. “Appear as you are, be as you appear.” — Rumi
88. “You change the world by being yourself.” — Yoko Ono
89. “Don’t let other people decide who you are.” — Bob Goff
90. “The world just wants your authentic truth.” — Gabby Bernstein
91. “You, being yourself, unknowingly inspire others to be themselves.” — Mooji
92. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” — E. E Cummings
93. “No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” — Buckminster Fuller
94. “You must not be afraid of your uniqueness and you must care less and less what people think of you.” — Robert Greene
95. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” — Dr. Seuss
Be yourself quotes to help the real you shine through
96. “Be yourself. Unapologetically.” — Kesha
97. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney
98. “Be yourself and set the trend. Don’t follow.” — YG
99. “Be yourself. Create your own unique style.” — Kim Tae-hyung
100. “Just enjoy every moment – don’t stress. Just be yourself.” — Mabel
101. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe
102. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” — Jim Morrison
103. “The snow goose need not bathe to make itself white. Neither need you do anything but be yourself.” — Lao Tzu
104. “I’ve found beauty in such unexpected places. I think the most beautiful thing you can do is be yourself and to own it.” — Shannon Purser
105. “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.” — Dave Pelzer
Be Yourself Quotes to Boost Your Confidence
106. “Never apologize for being yourself.” – Paulo Coelho
107. “The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself.” – Rita Mae Brown
108. “Some people around you will not understand your journey. They don’t need to; it’s not for them.” – Paulo Coelho
109. “We are the ones we have been waiting for.” – Alice Walker
110. “When someone is properly grounded in life, they shouldn’t have to look outside themselves for approval.” – Epictetus
111. “Don’t believe you have to be like anybody to be somebody.” – Nike
112. “Don’t let other people decide who you are.” – Bob Goff
113. “He who obeys, does not listen to himself.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
114. “If you desire to make a difference in the world, you must be different from the world.” – Elaine S. Dalton
115. “What is the seal of liberation? No longer being ashamed in front of oneself.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
116. “Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing and work hard. The right people – the ones who really belong in your life – will come to you, and stay.” – Will Smith
117. “You are what you believe yourself to be.” – Paulo Coelho
118. “A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.” – G.K. Chesterton
119. “Be in the world, but don’t let the world be in you. Love, and yet don’t be lost in it. Relate, and yet be alone, utterly alone. Know perfectly well that all relationship is a game: play the game and play it as beautifully as possible and as skillfully as possible.” – Osho
120. “Every man who says frankly and fully what he thinks is so far doing a public service. We should be grateful to him for attacking most unsparingly our most cherished opinions.” – John Stuart Mill
121. “There’s a point, around the age of twenty, when you have to choose whether to be like everybody else the rest of your life, or to make a virtue of your peculiarities.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
122. “When you see a mob doing something, it should make you less likely to do it yourself, not more likely.” – Paul Graham
123. “Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?” – Charles Bukowski
124. “If you don’t say what you think then you kill your unborn self.” – Jordan B. Peterson
125. “The most important consequence of self-sufficiency is freedom.” – Epicurus
Be Yourself Quotes That Make You Stand Out
126. “Within you, there is stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” — Hermann Hesse
127. “The secret to success is to be yourself.” — S. Sreesanth
128. “Don’t worry about what the people say; be yourself, say what you want to say with respect.” — Mariano Rivera
129. “It sounds so simple, but if you just be yourself, you’re different than anyone else.” — Tony Bennett
130. “You just have to be yourself and go full with confidence and be courageous.” — Gabby Douglas
131. “Always be yourself. At the end of the day, that’s all you’ve really got; when you strip everything down, that’s all you’ve got, so always be yourself.” — Al Roker
132. “You’ve got to be yourself, and if you’re not, you’re a phony. It comes shining through if you’re not careful.” — Jack Harbaugh
133. “Just because they disagree, doesn’t mean you ain’t right.” — Toba Beta
134. “You eliminate competition by being yourself.” — Dan Go
135. “Always stay true to yourself and never sacrifice who you are for anyone.” — Rakesh Valand
Short Be Yourself Quotes
136. “The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” — Peter Thiel
137. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” — Carl Jung
138. “Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.” — Conor McGregor
139. “Let go of who you think you’re supposed to be; embrace who you are.” — Brené Brown
140. “You are what existence wants you to be. Just relax.” — Osho
141. “Consult your conscience; rather than popular opinion.” — Publius Syrus
142. “Do not commit to any side or cause but yourself.” — Robert Greene
143. “Become who you are.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
144. “Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.” — Bertrand Russell
145. “I pay no attention whatsoever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.” — Mozart
Be Yourself Quotes To Keep You Going
146. “About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all.” ― Rita Mae Brown
147.“Make the most of yourself….for that is all there is of you.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
148. “You are unique. You have different talents and abilities. You don’t have to always follow in the footsteps of others. And most important, you should always remind yourself that you don’t have to do what everyone else is doing and have a responsibility to develop the talents you have been given.” ― Roy T. Bennett
149. “The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don’t let them put you in that position.” ― Leo Buscaglia
150. “What other people think and say about you is none of your business. The most destructive thing you would ever do is to believe someone else’s opinion of you. You have to stop letting other people’s opinions control you.” ― Roy T. Bennett
151. “You were not born on earth to please anyone; you have to live life to express yourself, not to impress someone. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not, and never lose yourself in search of other people’s acceptance and approval.” ― Roy T. Bennett
152. “Just remember to always be yourself and don’t be afraid to speak your mind or to dream out loud” ― J.A. Redmerski
153. “To be one’s self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity.” ― Irving Wallace
154. “There are some values that you should never compromise on to stay true to yourself; you should be brave to stand up for what you truly believe in even if you stand alone.” ― Roy T. Bennett
155. “Be yourself. Be true to that, to your heart. Patience. See what happens if you step back instead of bounding forward.” ― Nora Roberts
Did you enjoy these be yourself quotes?
Although the world may try to influence who you are, you should never allow others to change you.
You should remain true to yourself because that’s what will make you happy.
In a world that’s constantly evolving, it’s vital that you always be true to yourself from the inside out.
All in all, being your authentic self should be one of your main life goals.
Hopefully, these quotes have inspired you to drop whatever mask you might be donning.
Did you enjoy these be yourself quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
December 7, 2019 at 8:59 PM
I liked number fifty the best that is who I’m hurting the most I never say no that is my biggest thing is thinking I’m going to hurt someone else’s feeling for saying no when it’s hurting mine even more I have been really hurting myself a lot after I stop and think about it I worry about who I gonna loose and not what I am losing which is myself I’m the one who is hurting me by doing and letting myself be hurt