Looking for beautiful self love quotes and sayings?
Love is usually difficult to describe. More than fleeting emotions, it is the sacrifice that others make to put a smile on our faces. But alas, it is also one of the most painful sources of heartbreak for many people all over the world everyday.
What is love for you? How do you show someone that you deeply care for them? What happens when you can’t find the right words? During these times, use these beautiful love quotes to help you convey – or even explore – the many facets of this mysterious sentiment.
Whether it’s family, your significant other, or a friend, these self love quotes will help you put your feelings into words. Read on to discover some amazing words to help you express your feelings.
Don’t forget to also read our selection of beautiful love yourself quotes.
Self Love quotes when dealing with doubt and fear
1. “Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” – Henry Van Dyke
2. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
3. “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” ― Marilyn Monroe
4. “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” – Zora Neale Hurston
5. “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” ― Elbert Hubbard
6. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
7. “Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible – it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.” – Barbara de Angelis
8. “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” ― William Shakespeare
9. “Love is a better teacher than duty.” – Albert Einstein
10. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
Inspirational love quotes when you’re feeling down and out
11. “What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” –Helen Keller
12. “Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
13. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ― Laozi
14. “Where there is love there is life.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
15. “Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.” ― Zelda Fitzgerald
16. “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” – Paulo Coelho
17. “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” – James A. Baldwin
18. “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
19. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
20. “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” – Mother Teresa
Also check out these mirror quotes that will change the way you think about yourself.
Moving love quotes to make you strong
21. “Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.” – James A. Baldwin
22. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
23. “Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” – Mother Teresa
24. “Can miles truly separate you from friends…If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?” – Richard Bach
25. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
26. “Love is a game that two can play and both win.” – Eva Gabor
27. “Who, being loved, is poor?” – Oscar Wilde
28. “The giving of love is an education in itself.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
29. “Everything is clearer when you’re in love.” – John Lennon
30. “I can live without money, but I cannot live without love.” – Judy Garland
More love quotes, sayings, and messages
31. “The love we give away is the only love we keep.” – Elbert Hubbard
32. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” – Bruce Lee
33. “We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
34. “When love is not madness it is not love.” – Pedro Calderón de la Barca
35. “There are more people who wish to be loved than there are who are willing to love.” – Nicolas Chamfort
Self Love Quotes to Help Improve your Character
36. “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” – Ernest Hemingway
37. “Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.” – Tina Fey
38. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Sharon Salzberg
39. “Life is too short to waste any amount of time on wondering what other people think about you. What’s important to me is not others’ opinions of me, but what’s important to me is my opinion of myself.” – C. JoyBell C
40. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” – Aldous Huxley
41. “Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self.” – May Sarton
42. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” – Golda Meir
43. “Being cool is being your own self, not doing something that someone else is telling you to do.” – Vanessa Hudgens
44. “Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.” – Karen Salmansohn
45. “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.” – Ernest Hemingway
Self love quotes on conquering the person within
46. “Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” – Carl Jung
47. “I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.” – Aristotle
48. “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life.” – Marcus Garvey
49. “Until you are happy with who you are, you will never be happy with what you have.” – Zig Ziglar
50. “There can be no failure to a man who has not lost his courage, his character, his self respect, or his self-confidence. He is still a King.” – Orison Swett Marden
51. “Be yourself, but always your better self.” – Karl G. Maeser
52. “Be bold, be brave enough to be your true self.” – Queen Latifah
53. “If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self. – Napoleon Hill
54. “The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.” – Walt Disney
55. “Accept who you are; and revel in it.” – Mitch Albom
What other wonderful love quotes would you add to the list?
Expressing love isn’t always easy. Whether it’s a family member, a significant other, or a friend, often, we’re just at a loss for what to say. Hopefully, these love quotes were able to put your feelings into words. Find one (or two!) that would help you show someone how much they mean to you.
April 28, 2022 9:00 AM EST