These funny friendship quotes will make you laugh while reminding you just how special your true friends are to you in life.
It can be argued that there is no greater treasure than true friendship.
There have been countless books, movies, and stories based on the value of friendship.
What does friendship mean to you?
Everyone has an opinion on friendship, from authors and politicians, to TV personalities!
Grab a group of friends and enjoy a laugh with these funny friendship quotes.
Some of these are as awkwardly humorous as the best friendships!
Here is our collection of the best quotes about friendship, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Funny friendship quotes from famous authors
1. “I don’t like to commit myself about heaven and hell – you see, I have friends in both places.” – Mark Twain
2. “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like, ‘What about lunch?’” – A.A. Milne
4. “Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and have her nonsense respected.” – Charles Lamb
5. “Marriage is a sort of friendship recognized by the police.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
6. “There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” – Linda Grayson
7. “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art…. It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” – C.S. Lewis
8. “Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.” – Virginia Woolf
9. “We know our friends by their defects rather than by their merits.” –William Somerset Maugham
10. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? thought I was the only one.” – C.S. Lewis
11. “If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky.” – S.E. Hinton
12. “There’s not a word yet for old friends who’ve just met.” – Jim Henson
You might also like these Vine quotes that will make you LOL
Funny quotes about friendship between women
13. “Friendship is not possible between two women, one of whom is very well dressed.” – Laurie Colwin
14. “One sure way to lose another woman’s friendship is to try to improve her flower arrangements.” – Marcelene Cox
15. “Men kick friendship around like a football and it doesn’t seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it falls to pieces.” – Anne Lindbergh
Funny Friendship Quotes that are slightly awkward
16. “There is nothing like puking with somebody to make you into old friends.” – Sylvia Plath
17. “Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warm feeling inside.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Instagram Bio quotes that define the real you.
18. “Having those weird conversations with your friend and thinking if anyone heard us, we’d be put in a mental hospital.” – Unknown
19. “Friends make you smile — best friends make you giggle ’til you pee your pants.” – Terri Guillemets
20. “I don’t know what’s tighter, our jeans or our friendship.” – Unknown
You might also like these fake friends quotes that will give you perspective on the difference between those who are real and those who aren’t.
21. “Most of us don’t need a psychiatric therapist as much as a friend to be silly with.” – Robert Brault
22. “I think we’ll be friends forever because we’re too lazy to find new friends.” – Unknown
23. “Friends come and go, like the waves of the ocean, but the true ones stay, like an octopus on your face.” – Unknown
Don’t forget to also read these funny inspirational quotes celebrating life, love & struggles.
Funny quotes on what makes a good friend
24. “This is by far your worst idea ever…I’ll be there in 15 minutes.” – Unknown
25. “We’ve been friends for so long I can’t remember which one of us is the bad influence.” – Unknown
26. “Friends are people who know you really well and like you anyway.” – Greg Tamblyn
27. “If you can survive 11 days in cramped quarters with a friend and come out laughing, your friendship is the real deal.” – Oprah Winfrey
28. “Friends give you a shoulder to cry on. But best friends are ready with a shovel to hurt the person that made you cry.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of sad love quotes to help you deal with difficult emotions.
29. “True friends don’t judge each other, they judge other people together.” – Emilie Saint-Genis
30. “Friends don’t let friends do stupid things… Alone.” – Unknown
31. “A good friend will help you move. But a best friend will help you move a dead body.” – Jim Hayes
32. “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” – Laurence J. Peter
33. “When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, Damn, that was fun.” – Groucho Marx
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our collection of happy birthday quotes and wishes for your best friend.
Funny friendship quotes to brighten your day
34. “As your best friend I’ll always pick you up when you fall, after I finish laughing.” – Unknown
35. “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” – Bernard Meltzer
36. “I don’t need a psychiatrist to prod into my personal life and make me tell them all my secrets, I have my friends for that.” – Unknown
37. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
38. “A true friend is someone who is there for you when they would rather be someplace else.” – Len Wein
39. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
40. “We’ll be best friends forever because you already know too much.” – Unknown
You might also like these I’m Sorry quotes for when you can’t find the right words.
Funny friendship quotes involving money and politicians
41. “The holy passion of friendship is so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last through a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money.” – Mark Twain
42. “I’ve always said that in politics, your enemies can’t hurt you, but your friends will kill you.” – Ann Richards
43. “I have no trouble with my enemies. I can take care of my enemies all right. But my damn friends – they’re the ones that keep me walking the floor nights!” – Warren G. Harding
44. “Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.” – Samuel Butler
45. “There are three faithful friends, an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.” – Benjamin Franklin
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of quotes about having fun and enjoying your life.
Funny friendship quotes from philosophers
46. “True friendship is seen through the heart, not through the eyes.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
47. “A friend to all is a friend to none.” – Aristotle
48. “Love is blind; friendship closes its eyes.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
49. “No one is a friend to his friend who does not love in return.” – Plato
You’ll also love these new friends quotes celebrating our ability to make adult friends.
Funny friendship quotes that will make your day
51. “Sometimes me think, ‘What is friend?’ Then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.’” — Cookie Monster
52. “It’s the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” — Marlene Dietrich
53. “Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.” — Sicilian Proverb
54. “Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.” —Charles Lamb
55. “I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal.” — Jane Austen
56. “You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal.” — Elizabeth Taylor
57. “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” — Euripides
58. “One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim.” — George Carlin
59. “To like and dislike the same things, that is what makes a solid friendship.” — Sallust
60. “Friendship is a wildly underrated medication.” — Anna Deavere Smith
Funny Friendship Quotes To Grow a Long Lasting Bond
61. “Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life–and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.” ― Dean Koontz
62. “A friend can tell you things you don’t want to tell yourself.” ― Frances Ward Weller
63. “Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives and remembering what one receives.” ― Alexandre Dumas
64. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” ― Joan Powers
65. “Only a true best friend can protect you from your immortal enemies.” ― Richelle Mead
66. “Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.” ― Oscar Wilde
67. “Life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.” ― Sarah Desse
68. “I am always saying ‘Glad to’ve met you’ to somebody I’m not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff, though.” ― J.D. Salinger
69. “I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.” ― Robert Brault
70. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” ― Woodrow T. Wilson
Which of these funny friendship quotes resonated with you best?
Hopefully, you have been blessed with a friendship like this!
The kind of relationship where you are truly valued and can be yourself is one of life’s greatest riches.
If you are missing a good friend give them a call and catch up!
Tag them and share this selection of funny friendship quotes and let them know that for a moment they were on your mind.
No distance is too great, no time too long, when you can share a laugh over the same thing.
It is kind of like wishing on the same star!
Which of these funny friendship quotes and sayings resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
August 29, 2022 5:00 AM EST