These good life quotes will inspire you to live a life that fills you with a sense of purpose.
What does living your best life look like?
The answer to that question is different for all of us, but I think we are each out there trying to live a good life.
Is a good life one filled with purpose and meaning?
I think so.
A good life is one that is also full of happiness.
Now, no one is happy all the time, because things come along and shake us.
Are you happy with what you do every day?
Are you surrounding yourself with people who are happy for you when you succeed?
Do you do things to make the people you love happy?
If you can answer yes, then you are on your way to having a good life.
These good life quotes remind us that life is made up of thousands of moments.
Many also answer the question of “how to have a good life.”
Some of these quotes will help us understand why our challenges and struggles can make our life even better in the long run.
Happiness, love, and meaning may not be the secret to life, but they are the foundation for building a life that is good.
Make sure to also check out these beauty quotes about the amazing life that is all around us.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Good life quotes about moments that make up a beautiful life
1. “Life, he realized, was much like a song. In the beginning, there is mystery, in the end, there is confirmation, but it’s in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile.” ― Nicholas Sparks
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about being happy.
2. “That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet.” ― Emily Dickinson
You will also enjoy our article on Living in the Moment Quotes.
3. “A good life is a collection of happy moments.” ― Denis Waitley
You will also enjoy our article on happy quotes about life.
4. “When you make good choices, you create a beautiful life.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
5. “The good life is that which succeeds in existing for the moment, without reference to past or future, without condemnation or selection, in a state of absolute lightness, and in the finished conviction that there is no difference therefore between the instant and eternity.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
6. “It’s time to have and enjoy magical moments in life, reposition yourself so magic happens.” ― Kayisha Thomas
7. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” ― Omar Khayyam
8. “Live for each second without hesitation.” — Elton John
9. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” — Charles Darwin
You’ll also love these great quotes about life, success, love and family.
Good life quotes about things that contribute to a life of your dreams
10. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” ― George Bernard Shaw
11. “Where there is love there is life.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
12. “If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” ― Rick Riordan
13. “Live the Life of Your Dreams: Be brave enough to live the life of your dreams according to your vision and purpose instead of the expectations and opinions of others.” ― Roy T. Bennett
14. “Feeling lost, crazy, and desperate belongs to a good life as much as optimism, certainty and reason.” ― Alain de Botton
15. “Convince yourself every day that you are worthy of a good life. Let go of stress, breathe. Stay positive, all is well.” ― Germany Kent
16. “Find your focus by seeking all that is good in your life.” ― Lorii Myers
17. “Your definition of a good life does not have to look like everyone else thinks it should. Whatever feels right for you, whatever aligns your inside with your outside, that’s what you should spend your time doing.” ― G.G. Renee Hill
18. “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” — Mark Twain
19. “Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.” — Lillian Dickson
You’ll also love these new friends quotes celebrating our ability to make adult friends.
‘How to have a good life’ quotes
20. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” ― Albert Einstein
21. “Get busy living or get busy dying.” ― Stephen King
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Stephen King quotes to give you a feel for some of his greatest works.
22. “Don’t take life too seriously. Punch it in the face when it needs a good hit. Laugh at it.” ― Colleen Hoover
23. “If life were predictable it would cease to be life and be without flavor.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
24. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes on living a great life.
25. “The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.” — Frank Sinatra
26. “Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.” ― Søren Kierkegaard
27. “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Hunter S. Thompson quotes from journalist and author.
28. “Don’t be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don’t have to live forever, you just have to live.” ― Natalie Babbitt
29. “The best proof that a person lived a good life is his peaceful face in his old age!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
30. “May you live every day of your life.” ― Jonathan Swift
31. “Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.” ― Cassandra Clare
32. “Life is to be enjoyed, not endured” ― Gordon B. Hinckley
You might also like these quotes on life lessons to help you move on.
Good life quotes about hardships and courage
33. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” ― Anais Nin
34. “The good life is not built on a foundation of ease…it’s the hard times that give us a rock-solid foundation.” ― Richie Norton
35. “He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
36. “However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.” — Stephen Hawking
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Stephen Hawking quotes on life, religion, and the universe
37. “Don’t settle for what life gives you; make life better and build something.” — Ashton Kutcher
38. “The truth is, you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.” — Eminem
39. “Life imposes things on you that you can’t control, but you still have the choice of how you’re going to live through this.” — Celine Dion
You might also like these party quotes that remind you to celebrate life.
40. “I enjoy life when things are happening. I don’t care if it’s good things or bad things. That means you’re alive.” — Joan Rivers
41. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” — Maya Angelou
42. “Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect.” ― Margaret Mitchell
Good life quotes about happiness and love
43. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it’s all that matters.” ― Audrey Hepburn
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Audrey Hepburn quotes on life, style and children.
44. “Life’s good when it’s lived for oneself; it’s great when lived for others. The true means of happiness is to lose your mind by thinking for others!” ― Israelmore Ayivor
45. “Life is meant to be fun, and joyous, and fulfilling. May each of yours be that – having each of you as a child of mine has certainly been one of the good things in my life. Know that I’ve always loved each of you with an eternal, bottomless love. A love that has nothing to do with each other, for I feel my love for each of you is total and all-encompassing. Please watch out for each other and love and forgive everybody. It’s a good life, enjoy it.” ― Jim Henson
46. “Happiness is the good life that is marked by flourishing well-being, joy, prosperity, peace, satisfaction, and pleasure.” ― Ogwo David Emenike
47. “Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.” — Emily Dickinson
48. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” — Dalai Lama
49. “The healthiest response to life is joy.” — Deepak Chopra
50. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” — Oprah Winfrey
Don’t forget to also check out these words of wisdom to bring out the best in you.
Good life quotes to think about and live by
51. “A bad day doesn’t cancel out a good life. Keep going.” ― Richie Norton
52. “Preparing a dish or a meal is not merely an effort to satisfy physical hunger but often a quest for the good life.” ― Janet Theophano
53. “La dolce vita: good food, good drinks, good people. Because life is meant to be lived, and lived well” ― Melissa Hill
54. “The quality of a good life depends in large measure on how a man reacts to his natural environment, and we cannot destroy one without diminishing the other.” ― James MICHENER
55. “The good life is lived by grace.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
56. “The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction not a destination.” ― Carl Rogers
57. “Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.” ― Socrates
58. “The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.” ― Bertrand Russell
59. “A good life depends on the strength of our relationships with family, friends, neighbours, colleagues and strangers.” ― David Lammy
60. “The state comes into existence for the sake of life and continues to exist for the sake of good life.” ― Aristotle
Good life quotes that will encourage you to live fully
61. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
62. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” — Albert Einstein
63. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.” — Steve Jobs
64. “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” — Seneca
65. “The unexamined life is not worth living.” — Socrates
66. “Life is really simple, but men insist on making it complicated.” — Confucius
67. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” — Helen Keller
68. “Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.” — Lillian Dickson
69. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.” — Charles Swindoll
70. “Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” — Marilyn Monroe
Good Life Quotes To Abide By
71. “For a good life, stay in good company. Negative people awaken negative parts inside of us.” ― Kristen Butler
72. “Be the energy others wish they had.” ― Germany Kent
73. “We are living in the Klassikan era; where God, Family and Good Life is key.
[In The Song Talk About Love]” ― Don Santo
74. “Good friends, good books and the ability to sleep peacefully is a good life.” ― Nitya Prakash
75. “The favor of God will give you the taste of a good life.” ― Gift Gugu Mona
76. “To live a good life: We have the potential for it. If we can learn to be indifferent to what makes no difference.” — Marcus Aurelius
77. “Life comes from physical survival; but the good life comes from what we care about.” — Rollo May
78. “The good life consists in deriving happiness by using your signature strengths every day in the main realms of living. The meaningful life adds one more component: using these same strengths to forward knowledge, power or goodness.” — Martin Seligman
79. “Life is good when we think it’s good. Life is bad when we don’t think.” — Douglas Horton
80. “The best reason for adopting a philosophy of life, is that if we lack one, there is a danger that we will mislive” — William Ervine
Which of these good life quotes resonated with you best?
A good life is ultimately one that provides you with a sense of freedom.
That could be the freedom to love who you want, work for yourself, or do what makes you happy.
A good life is one that fills you with a sense of purpose.
Our choices should leave us happy and fulfilled.
If something in your life doesn’t add to your happiness, sense of meaning, or security and safety, then it may be time to ask yourself if you are on the right path.
Like John Lennon said, “Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.”
Are you so focused on a specific goal that you are doing something that is draining your happiness?
Pay attention to your feelings and your body, and learn when it is trying to steer you in a different direction.
Your best life is out there waiting for you!
Be courageous enough to seek it out.
Do you have any other favorite good life quotes and sayings to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
July 20, 2022 5:00 AM EST